Update Canon Drivers
You need to update your Canon Drivers regularly, particularly if you have just upgraded to Windows 10 or another Operating System. Driver updates are necessary to fix issues with all devices (including Canon Cameras, Printers, Scanners, Copiers & Fax Machines and many other products) and improve the performance of your PC. You have the option to manually or automatically update your Drivers. Both are discussed below.
Option 1: manually update Canon Drivers free download
To manually update your Drivers you will need to go to the manufacturers website and download the latest Drivers for your device.
- Go to the Canon website and enter the model number of the printer or Canon device for which you need updated Drivers
- Select the correct Operating System and download the Driver file
- Once downloaded, browse to the file and double-click to launch
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the Updated Driver
If you have difficulties with the above, in terms of time or the availability of Drivers on the Canon website, you should opt for automatic Driver updates using a Driver Update Tool.
Option 2: automatically update Canon Drivers
A Driver update tool such as DriverDownloader, will automate all Driver updates for you and keep these Drivers updated in the future. This can save a huge amount of time and effort. Follow the steps below to install DriverDownloader:
- Download the software here
- Click ‘run’ or ‘save’ and then double-click the driver_downloader.exe file to launch the software
- follow the on-screen instructions
- When the software is installed it will search for Driver Updates, you need to register the software in order to update your Drivers (30-day money-back guarantee)
How will a Driver Update Tool fix my Canon Drivers?
A Driver Update Program will instantly resolve your drivers problems by scanning your PC for outdated, missing or corrupt drivers, which it then automatically updates to the most compatible version.
Why should I download Driver Update Software?
Apart from updating your Canon Drivers, installing a Driver Update Tool gives:
- Up to 3 times faster internet connection and download speeds
- Better PC performance for games and audio applications
- Smooth-running of all your PC devices such as printers, scanners etc.
- Better all-round performance of your PC due to automatic driver updates which will keep all your devices and your PC in top condition
Common Canon Drivers Issues
Canon Printer Driver in Windows 10
Most Canon Driver issues result from users upgrading to Windows 10. This often means that Drivers need to be updated in order to keep printers and devices running well.
“Canon Printer Driver is currently in use”
This error is most common when trying to install a Canon Printer on a Windows 8 computer. It often occurs when the printer is plugged in prior to the Driver or updated Driver being installed. To fix this error you will need to either manually or automatically install updated Canon Printer Drivers (see above).
The most common Canon Driver problems are with Canon Digital Scanners, Canon Digital Cameras and Canon Printers. Drivers are required for all Canon devices which include Camcorders and Printers.
Common causes for problems with your Canon device are:
- out-of-date Drivers
- corrupt or missing device Drivers
- damaged device
- upgraded operating system/ device needs new Canon Drivers
Common Canon Driver Downloads
Canon Printer Drivers
Canon Printer Drivers Windows 7
Canon Scanner Drivers
Canon USB Drivers
Canon MG5250 Driver
Canon MP210 Driver
Canon MP250 Driver
Canon MP270 Driver
Canon MP280 Driver
Canon MP287 Driver
Canon MX310 Driver
Canon MP495 Driver
Canon MP560 Driver
Canon MP610 Driver
Canon MX410 Driver
Canon MX432 Driver
Canon MX870 Driver
Canon IP100 Driver