You can fix a Dell device’s error by downloading and installing the latest Dell Drivers. If there is some problem with your Dell device driver, you are likely to experience any of the following issues:
- You are unable to access the Dell hardware device
- Your Dell hardware device is not working properly
- Your Windows computer is not recognizing the installed Dell hardware device
A problem with your Dell device driver can occur if:
- You did not install the Dell driver when you installed the Dell hardware device
- You upgraded your Dell device but did not install the most current Dell drivers
- You upgraded your operating system, and your old Dell drivers are not compatible with the new Windows operating system
- Your Dell Driver files have become corrupt
Is the problem with your Dell device or driver?
How can one determine if the problem is with the Dell device or, more specifically, with the Dell drivers or with something else?
You can identify the problem using Device Manager, which you can access by:
- Opening the Control Panel Window
- Selecting and double-clicking System
- Clicking Device Manager
- In Device Manager check if there is an exclamation point, a yellow triangle, or a question mark against your Dell device. If there is, there is a problem with your Dell device.
To fix the issue, download and install the most current Dell drivers.
Before you close the Device Manager window, ensure that you note down the model and make of your Dell device. To locate your device on Dell’s website, you are going to need this information, which is likely to also be present on your Dell device.
How to locate the correct driver on Dell’s website
Complete the following steps to download a Dell driver from Dell’s website:
- Log on to http://www.dell.com/
- Browse to the end of the page and click Driver & Downloads under the Support option
- Click Drivers & Downloads Home
- Select Choose from a list of all Dell products, and then click Continue
- Next, select the product for which you need a driver
- Locate your product
- Click the Download File button next to the driver or software suite you want to download
Get Automatic Driver Updates
The easiest way to fix driver-related errors is by using an efficient Driver Update Tool.