Recommended Acer Drivers Updates
If you are having problems with your Acer Drivers it may mean that these Drivers need to be updated. New Drivers are constantly release and your Acer Drivers may require an update if you have updated to Windows 11 or Windows 10, downloaded new software or installed a new hardware device. Driver updates will fix Driver conflict issues with all devices and improve the performance of your PC.
You can download the Acer Drivers manually by reading the instructions below.
Some users prefer to use a tool to automatically update Drivers. This can be useful if you don’t have the time or patience to update the Drivers manually or when the manufacturer no longer supplies the required Driver.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Downloading the latest Driver releases helps resolve Driver conflicts and improve your computer’s stability and performance. Updates are recommended for all Windows 11, Windows 10, 8, Windows 7, XP and Vista users.
Download and install Acer Drivers
If you are having problems with an Acer PC or another Acer device, the problem could be with your Acer Drivers. This often happens when users upgrade to a new Operating System and fail to update their Drivers so the Acer Drivers may be out of date or may have become corrupt over time. Even if you have not made any changes there may be updated Acer Drivers available.
You will only really need to update your Drivers if you are experiencing an issue, as in many cases older Drivers can keep working well. You can use the Acer website to search for updates for your Acer Drivers or use a Driver Update Tool such as DriverDownloader (monitored and certified by AppEsteem) to automate this process for you. Once you install the Acer Drivers updates then this should fix your Drivers problems.
How Do I Install Acer Driver updates?
You can either manually or automatically download Driver updates, the former is free while the latter usually requires a registration fee with the software tool used. To manually update Acer Drivers:
- Download the latest Driver file from Acer website
- this file may be in the form of an .exe (executable), if so simply double-click on this file
- If the file is in another format and you are having difficult installing it then browse to Control Panel > Device Manager
- Browse to the Acer Device you have downloaded the updated Driver for > right-click and select properties
- Click on the Driver tab > Update Driver
- Select Browse my computer for driver software > Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
- Browse for the driver file (.inf) > click Next
- Your updated Acer Driver should now be installed!
How do I know if I need to update my Drivers?
If you have installed DriverDownloader the Drivers Scan will show which Drivers need to be updated. If you want to manually check if your Acer Drivers need an update you can go to the Device Manager which provides a list of all the hardware devices on your PC and will show you (usually with a yellow triangle and exclamation mark) if there are issues with one of your devices.
Can I update my Acer Drivers myself?
In many cases the answer to this is yes, however in some cases the manufacturers no longer make the Drivers available so you need to use a Driver Update Tool to install the missing Drivers. The purpose of DriverDownloader is to save you time and effort by automatically downloading and updating the Drivers for you.
How will a Driver Update Tool fix my Acer Drivers?
A Driver Update Program will instantly resolve your Drivers problems by scanning your PC for outdated, missing or corrupt drivers, which it then automatically updates to the most compatible version.
Why should I download DriverDownloader?
Apart from updating your Acer Drivers installing DriverDownloader gives:
- Up to 3 times faster internet connection and download speeds
- Better PC performance for games and audio applications
- Smooth-running of all your PC devices such as printers, scanners etc.
- Better all-round performance of your PC due to automatic driver updates which will keep all your devices and your PC in top condition
Common Acer Driver Problems
Acer is a very well know brand worldwide, it is mostly known for laptops but also other peripheral devices such as monitors and scanners. One of the most common driver problems you may come across is where either your device is not recognised, refuses to launch or simply crashes without warning.
These are common signs of a Driver error with your Acer product. You can try to reinstall these Drivers if you have the original discs or you can run DriverDownloader for automatic Acer Driver Downloads. This will automate all your Driver updates (not just for your Acer Driver) and ensure the right Driver is installed for the right device.
Some of the most common Acer Driver downloads are:
- Update Acer Graphics Drivers in Windows 10
- Acer Aspire Drivers
- Acer Network Drivers
- Acer Drivers for Windows 7
- Acer Sound Drivers
- Acer One Drivers
- Acer Wireless problems