ATI Catalyst Control Center is software used to unlock capabilities of AMD graphics processors. The software also includes a Driver for AMD graphic cards. The software is generally included in the AMD Display Card Driver CD provided with the AMD graphics card.
You can also download the ATI Catalyst Control center for Windows 7 computer from the Internet. Let’s look at some common errors related to ATI catalyst control center in Windows 7
Error- Windows 7 Catalyst control center fails to load
You may get this error when trying to load the ATI Catalyst control center.
Reason: One of the reasons for this Catalyst control center problem is corrupted Windows Global Assembly Cache (GAC)
- Using the Catalyst Install Manager, remove all ATI programs and features from the control panel. Reboot the system in Safe Mode and follow the steps set out
- Delete all ATI folders in C:Programs files and C:Programs files (x86)
- Go to C:Windowsassembly and sort by “Public Key Token”
- Locate the following Public Key Token “90ba9c70f846762e” associated with ATI
- Generally, you will only find 2 entries. Delete both of these entries
(Note: Right-click on the entries and choose uninstall to delete the entries)
- Shut down and restart the system in Normal mode
- Reinstall ATI Catalyst Control Center
How to update ATI Catalyst Control Center
AMD provides updates to ATI Catalyst Control Center. This update also contains the latest Graphic Card Drivers. You can choose to install the complete ATI Catalyst Control Center package from the ATI website. If you are not tech-savvy, the easiest way to update ATI CCC is by uninstalling the older version of the program and performing a clean install of latest ATI CCC package.
Steps to uninstall ATI CCC from your computer
- Click on Start button
- Click Control Panel
- Click Program and Features
- Select ATI Catalyst Control Center from the list
- Click Uninstall
- The AMD Catalyst Install Manager is launched and you are provided an option to uninstall the program
- Select “Express uninstall all AMD software“
- Follow on-screen instructions to uninstall ATI CCC
Install latest ATI CCC in your computer
- Download the latest ATI CCC for your Graphics Card from the manufacturer’s website
- Close all applications including anti-virus on your system while installing ATI CCC on your computer
- When the downloaded installation file is run, a security prompt will appear. Click Run to start the installation process.
- Select the installation folder for ATI CCC installation
- In Select Installation operation window select Install
- In Installer Welcome window select Express
After the installation process is completed, click Finish.
If you wish to use a Driver Update Tool to automate the process of installing and updating Drivers. Driver update tools