You have an urgent print job lined up, but the Canon MX340 goes dead the moment you issue the print command. Sound familiar? Then the following guide will help, it outlines effective solutions to common printing issues.
Solution for Printing does not start issue
There can be several reasons for the printer not starting a job. The primary step in resolving it is to check the physical connections, such as power and USB connection.
Follow the steps given below to check the physical connections.
Step 1- Checking Printer Connections
Ensure the printer is on and receiving power. Next check the connection between your multi-function device and computer. If you have connected your printer to the USB hub, remove it and directly connect it to the USB port in your computer. If the USB cable shows signs of wear and tear, you must get a new one.
Step 2 – Setting Canon Pixma MX340 as default printer
If you are giving the print command from your computer, ensure Canon Pixma MX340 is your default printer. Follow the steps given below to make Canon Pixma MX340 your default printer.
- Click Start
- Click Devices and Printers in Start Menu
- You should see Canon Pixma MX340 listed in the Printer and Faxes device list. Right-click Canon Pixma MX340 and select “Set as Default printer”
- You should see a checkmark near “Canon Pixma MX340” which signifies the computer has set the multi-function device as your default printer.
Step 3 – Setting right printing port
- Click Start
- Click Devices and Printers in Start Menu.
- Under Printer and Faxes, right-click Canon Pixma MX340.
- Click Printer Properties. The Canon Pixma MX340 properties dialog box opens
- Click Ports.
- In the list of ports look for the port named USBnnn (where n is a number).
- You should see a check mark in the box besides USBnnn and your printer name in the Printer field in the list. (The printer name is displayed as CNBJNP_xxxxxxxxxx where xxxx is a number)
- Click Apply -> Ok
If the printer does not print even after you’ve set the right port, you will be required to uninstall printer drivers and install again.
- Go to Start -> Control Panel
- Go to Hardware and Sound
- Under Device and Printers, click “Device Manager”
- Click “+” sign to expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers”
- Right-click on Printer in the list and select “Update Driver”
- The Update Driver Wizard will be initiated by Windows, follow the steps given below to update drivers
- Click “Browse my computer for driver software.”
- Scroll down the list in drop-box and select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”
- Click “Have Disk”
- Click “Browse” and navigate to the folder where drivers are located.
- Click “Ok”
If you do not have Driver CD, click here to download our recommended Driver Update Tool and run a free driver scan for your Canon Pixma MX340 drivers (click the download button at the top of the page).