The Canon Pixma is one of the biggest series of printer and multifunction devices. The printer supports a variety of connections which includes USB and wireless connection. In the following article we set out the two most common errors related to the Canon Pixma.
Error fix for “Cannot install printer: not recognized”
This error usually occurs when you try to run Canon Pixma setup using the CD provided with the printer. Despite having the right setup file, the computer fails to recognize the printer connected through the USB connection.
The most common cause of this error is an incompatible Driver. You need to download and install the latest Printer Driver for the model. If your computer has a USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 port, try connecting the printer to USB 2.0.
Some Canon Pixma Printers do not work with Windows 8 until you download and install the appropriate Driver for the printer. To do so, complete the following steps:
- Go to the official website of Canon
- Go to Service and Support Center
- Enter the model name in the Search box
- Click on Drivers and Software
- Download the Drivers for your Canon Pixma Printer
- Once the file is downloaded, click it and follow the on-screen instructions to install the Driver
- Reboot computer and your Printer
Fix wireless connection problems with Canon Pixma
Sometimes the Canon Pixma Printer may fail to establish a wireless connection with the router. To resolve the issue, follow the steps given below:
- Select Setup on the Home screen
- Select Device settings and Press OK
- Select LAN settings and Press OK
- Confirm LAN settings and Press OK
- Select Print LAN details and Press OK
- Select Yes Print LAN details and then Press OK to start printing
- Look at the Signal Level. Recommended values are 70% or higher
- Look at Link quality level. The higher the quality, the stronger the connection. If the Link quality level is showing a lower value, try moving the printer closer to your router.
In most cases, the dropping of a wireless connection will be solved by following the steps given above.
Some of the connection errors can also be caused by incompatible Drivers. You need to ensure you keep the Printer Driver updated at all times to prevent any issues. Manually downloading Printer Drivers can be time-consuming and in cases like this, using Driver Update Software can be very helpful.
To update your Canon Pixma Driver automatically, you can download a driver update tool