One of the more common problems with Samsung wireless printers, as with most wireless printers, is a connectivity issue. The steps below will help you resolve these connectivity issues in Samsung Wireless Printers.
Before you start with any troubleshooting steps, check whether the Samsung Printer and the router are ON. The next step is to check whether the wireless adapter driver is correctly installed. Here are the steps you need to follow for this:
- Click Start button on the Desktop
- Type Device Manager in the Search Box
- Select Device Manager from the list
- Go to Network Adapters and look for any entry with a yellow exclamation mark next to it
- If you see a yellow exclamation mark then right-click on the Wireless Adapter and select uninstall
- Download and install the latest Wireless Adapter Driver for your printer model from the Samsung website
- Install the Driver and reboot the system
- Check whether your Samsung Printer is able to connect to your router
If there is no Wireless Adapter installed for your printer, you need set an ad-hoc wireless connection between your Samsung Printer and router. To do this, follow the instructions below.
The minimum requirements to set up ad-hoc wireless connection without using the USB cable are: A Windows 7 PC or higher, a router/access point , software CD provided by Samsung and a Samsung printer installed with wireless interface.
Steps to install ad-hoc wireless printer connection
- Turn on all three devices: your PC, router and Samsung wireless printer
- Insert the software CD into your CD-ROM drive
- Click Start > Accessories > Programs > Run
- Click on E:Setup.exe where E is the drive letter of CD-ROM
- Accept all installation agreements and click Next
- In the Printer Connection type window, select Wireless network connection
- Click Next
- On the “Are you setting up your printer for the first time?” screen, click Yes
- On the “Select the Wireless Setup Method” screen, select Using a direct wireless connection
- Click Next
- When the “Press WPS button on your printer” screen appears, press the WPS button on your printer
- When the wireless network setup process is completed, click Next
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process
If you are still facing connectivity issues, print a network configuration report of your printer.
- Click Start > Settings
- Go to Control Panel > Devices and Printers
- Right-click your Samsung printer and select printer properties
- Click the Port tab
- Click Configure Port button
- Check the printers IP address
- The IP address should be same as IP address on the configuration sheet. If the IP address is different, change the printer’s IP port address.
If you are still having problems with your Samsung Wireless Printer, you can use a Driver Update Tool to diagnose and fix your Driver problems.
Updating Drivers Automatically
Automatic driver update tools offer many benefits, the most important ones being:
- You can update device drivers automatically
- The software scans and updates all outdated or missing drivers at one go
- The tool picks the right drivers for your device and operating system, so you won’t have to worry about installing an incorrect driver by mistake
- Automatic driver updates are 100% safe
Driver Updater is one of the best driver update tools out there. Outbyte Driver Updater will give you access to a database of over 1 million drivers. It will regularly scan your PC, suggesting new driver versions to install. Driver Updater contains drivers for a variety of Windows devices. With just one click, you can update drivers in your system.
Scan all devices
Install or update drivers automatically