In the event that you are unable to access a Samsung device or your Samsung device is not working properly, it is quite possible that there is a problem with your Samsung Drivers.
Samsung Drivers problems can happen if:
- You have not installed drivers for your Samsung device
- You have upgraded your Windows operating system and the old Samsung drivers are incompatible with your new Windows version
- You or some other application has deleted the Samsung driver file
To learn how to identify if the problem is related to the Driver and to fix the issue, follow the instructions listed below.
Identifying the problem using Device Manager
If the Samsung drivers are outdated, corrupt, or missing, this information will be listed in Device Manager. To open the Device Manager window and to check for this information, perform these steps:
- Click the Windows logo in your taskbar (located at the extreme left-hand side)
- Type devmgmt.msc in the Start Search box
- Press Enter
You can find all the installed hardware devices in the Device Manager window. Check for the Samsung device with which you are experiencing issues. An exclamation mark, a red cross, or a yellow triangle against it indicates that the problem is related to driver. If you find any of these listed against the device, note down its’ details such as the model number and version, exit the Device Manager window, and download and install the latest Samsung drivers from the Samsung website.
Download Samsung drivers
- Go to Samsung’s official website
- Click Get Support and then Get Downloads
- If you know the name or your product’s model number, type it in the search box and press Enter. Otherwise browse by category.
- Download the latest driver
Install Samsung drivers
After you’ve downloaded the required driver, navigate to the location where it is saved, double-click the driver file, click the Run button in the Open dialog box, and follow onscreen instructions.
How to fix all driver errors quickly and efficiently
By using a driver update tool you can quickly resolve your drivers problems by scanning your PC for outdated, missing or corrupt drivers, which are then automatically updated to the most compatible version.