Lenovo EasyCamera, an application provided by Lenovo, runs with each Windows boot. However, there has been an issue reported where the camera program does not start after an upgrade to Windows 10.
Below are a few easy solutions to resolve these Lenovo EasyCamera issues.
Cause of Lenovo EasyCamera problems
The Lenovo EasyCamera issues are mainly related to Software Drivers. The best way to solve them is by reinstalling the Camera Driver. You can either do this manually or use a Driver Update Tool to automate the process for you (this will keep these and all other software drivers up-to-date).
Before proceeding to the troubleshooting steps, you need to ensure the camera is enabled. To check the status of the camera, follow the steps set out below:
- Click the Start button on the desktop
- Type “Device Manager” in the Search box
- Click “Device Manager” in the search results
- Go to Imaging devices
- Click on Imaging devices to expand the list, you will see Lenovo EasyCamera listed
- If you see a down arrow near the Lenovo EasyCamera, it means the camera is disabled
- Right-click on Lenovo EasyCamera and select Enable
Check if the camera is working properly. If you are still experiencing issues, follow the steps given in Solution 1.
Solution 1 – using built-in Windows Drivers
- Open the Device Manager
- Go to Imaging Devices and click to expand
- You will see the Lenovo EasyCamera listed with a yellow exclamation mark. This means there is a Driver issue
- Right-click on Lenovo EasyCamera and select uninstall
- Reboot the laptop
- Windows 10 will scan for new hardware devices and install Drivers for the Lenovo EasyCamera
If the Lenovo EasyCamera issue is not fixed by following the steps in Solution 1, follow the steps given below.
Solution 2 – downloading and installing compatible Camera Drivers from Lenovo website
- Go to the Lenovo website and look for updated Lenovo EasyCamera Drivers for your operating system
- Download the drivers to your computer
- Open the Device Manager
- Go to Imaging devices and expand the list
- Right-click on Lenovo EasyCamera and select Update Driver Software
- Click Browse my computer for driver software
- Browse to the location where you have downloaded the Lenovo EasyCamera Drivers
- Click Next
- Windows will update the Drivers for the Lenovo EasyCamera and prompt you to reboot
- Click Reboot now
If there are no updated Drivers available and the built-in Windows Drivers are not working properly, you need to install Drivers in compatible mode.
Solution 3 – installing Camera Driver in compatibility mode
- Go to the folder where you have downloaded the Driver files
- Right-click on Setup file
- Select Properties
- Go to Compatibility tab
- Choose to Run in Compatibility Mode
- Select the operating system in which the Drivers worked previously
- Click OK
- Click on Setup file
- Select Run as administrator
- Follow the on-screen instructions
- Reboot computer
Your issues should be resolved but if not, feel free to post details below and we will try to help you.