Epson LW-600P is a small device designed specifically for printing labels. Like all devices the LW-600P can be prone to an error or two every now and then. The post below sets out solutions to common Epson LW-600P errors.
Solution for Epson LW-600P not recognized by your computer error
In some scenarios, the iLabel software will report an error which mentions missing label printer. The error generally means that the label printer is not recognized by your computer. There can be several reasons for this error which may include corrupted or missing Epson drivers. Before you start any troubleshooting steps, you need to ensure your system meets the minimum requirements for the Epson LW-600P.
Below are the minimum system requirements for the Epson LW-600P:
Supported operating systems
- Windows XP (32 bit or 64 bit) with Service Pack 3
- Windows Vista (32 bit or 64 bit) with Service Pack 2
- Windows 7 (32 bit or 64 bit) with Service Pack 1
- Windows 8.x (32 bit or 64 bit)
Minimum Hard drive space – 300 MB
Minimum Display Resolution- 1024 × 768 pixels or higher
If your system meets the minimum system requirements, first check whether the printer is installed or not (installed printers are listed in Devices and Printers window).
- Click Start
- In Start menu, click Devices and Printers
The best way to resolve this problem is by uninstalling and reinstalling the printer. Follow the steps set out below to uninstall and reinstall the printer.
- Click “Start”
- Click “Control Panel”
- Click “System and Security”
- Under System, click “Device Manger”
- Double-click “Universal Bus Controllers” to expand the list
- Double-click “USB Printing Support” and select “Uninstall” from Driver Tab. You need to uninstall drivers for all USB printing support in the list
- Remove iLabel software and any other applications related to Epson LW-600P
- Disconnect Epson LW-600P and restart the system
- Connect Epson LW-600P printer to your computer
Windows will automatically detect new hardware and start the add new hardware wizard
- Select “Advanced option” and click Next
- Click “Show all devices” and click Next
- Click “Browse” and navigate to the directory where the driver files are located
- Select the driver file and click on Open
- Click OK
- Follow the on-screen instructions on the next two wizard screen until Windows notifies you of successful completion of device installation
- Click Finish
- You should see your Epson LW-600P under Devices and Printers list
If you find manual updating of drivers a cumbersome process, click here to go to the Epson Drivers page and download our recommended Driver Update Tool and run a free driver scan for your Epson LW-600P drivers.