The Android platform has seen several developments in recent years. One of the new features available in Android is the ability to print documents wirelessly. The Google Cloud Print service is inbuilt in the Android OS, giving your phone the ability to print wirelessly.
What is Google Cloud Print Service?
A new technology that allows your printers to connect to the web, Google Cloud Print Service can make your office and home printers available for wireless printing to anyone. The good thing about Google cloud print service is it works with all printers that are connected to your network through WiFi or an Ethernet connection.
You need to add a printer to Google Cloud Print service to print wirelessly from your Android device. The alternate way is adding printing service from the respective print manufacturer. For example, if you have a Samsung printer, you need to install the Samsung Print service plugin. For a HP printer, you will need the HP Print Service plugin.
Here are the steps to add the printer to the Google cloud print service:
Steps to Add Printer on your Android Device
- Go to Settings
- Type Printing in search
- Select Printing
- Tap on 3 dot menu and select Add Printer
- You should see the printer that is connected to the same network
- Now the printer is available for wireless printing. you can use any app that allows you to print using Google cloud printing
Steps to print directly from Android Device
- Open the document you want to print in the app
- Look for Print option in the Menu or option like Share & Export or anything similar
- Look for Print option in the app
- Tap on Print option
- Select the right printer from the menu
- Tap Print or OK
You can also find several cloud printer applications on the Google Play store. Install any of these and print wirelessly from your Android device.
You can also add the printer to the Google cloud print service from Chrome. Here are the steps you need to follow:
Note: the steps given below are same for PC and Android. However, you need to sign in Chrome with the same Gmail account that is registered with the Google Play Store. Only then the printers you add will be synced and will be available through Google Cloud Print.
Steps to add printer from Chrome
- Launch Chrome Browser on Android or PC
- Click/Tap on 3 dot icon
- go to Settings
- Scroll down and tap/click Show Advanced Settings
- Scroll down to Google cloud print
- Tap/click Manage
- if your printer is connected to the same network, you will see it in listed under New Devices
- Select the printer
- Click Add printer