Brother is a company that manufactures printers for home and offices. A Brother printer is connected by a USB cable or parallel cable, depending on the printer model. The company provides a Driver CD or Driver software along with its printers.
Common Brother Printer errors
Let’s take a look at common Brother Printer errors you might encounter while installing Brother Printer Drivers from the manufacturers CD.
Error – “Difx Driver Package Installer error 1006”
You might see this error while installing the Drivers for your Brother Printer. You can use the Printer Troubleshooter in Windows to resolve this error.
- Click on Start button
- Enter the text “Troubleshooting” in search box
- Click Troubleshooting from the search results
- A troubleshooting window opens. Click View All on left pane
- Click on Printer in the list
- Click on Advanced
- Click on Run as administrator
- Follow on-screen instructions to resolve the installation error
If these steps do not solve the issue, we would advise to install the latest Printer drivers. Installing latest Printer drivers also ensures the printer works at its optimum.
Follow these steps set out below to update Printer Drivers manually.
Updating Printer Drivers manually
Before you update Brother Printer Drivers, you need to uninstall old Printer Drivers installed on your system.
(Note: you can also use the uninstall utility provided by the printer manufacturer to remove old Printer Drivers and printer software installed on your computer)
- Click on Start button
- Click Control Panel
- Click Device Manager
- Locate Brother Printer in the list of devices. If the printer connects with your computer through a USB connection, it might be listed under Universal Serial Bus Controllers as USB Printing Support
- Click USB Printing Support and right-click on it
- Click on Uninstall to remove old device drivers from the system
- Go to the printer manufacturer website and download the latest Printer Drivers for your printer model. Download the Full Driver & Software Package from the website and follow on-screen instructions to install the most recent Printer Drivers.
Error – “USB device not recognized”
This is one of the more common Brother Printer errors. There can be several reasons for this error, such as bad USB port, bad USB cable or corrupted Printer Drivers.
To resolve the error, follow the steps given below:
- Try connecting the printer to a different USB port
- Also try using a different USB cable
- If these actions do not resolve the issue, try uninstalling the Printer Drivers and reinstalling the latest Printer Software and Drivers by following the steps given above.
You can also use a driver update toolto install the latest Brother Printer Driver and keep them updated automatically. The driver scans and identifies devices with outdated or missing Drivers and then installs them automatically.