Logitech sells a number of computer accessories, including mice. It is one of the most important accessories with most laptop users choosing to use it over the touchpad. Hardware like mice needs a relevant driver to work properly. A driver is simply a file that tells hardware how to work.
An outdated driver can lead to all sorts of problems. For example, if your Logitech mouse driver is outdated or faulty, your mouse might not work properly or you may receive recurring errors. Fortunately, downloading the Logitech mouse driver is very straightforward. While the automatic method is far more convenient and simple, in this post we will show you steps for the manual download also.
How to download Logitech mouse drivers manually
You can manually download Logitech mouse drivers in two ways. The first method involves visiting the Logitech website, locating the right driver for your mouse, and downloading it.
Even though Logitech has numerous mouse models, locating the right one for your device is not difficult. Once you are on their website, simply select the right mouse category and locate the specific model. This is very important because two mice which look and cost the same can have different mouse drivers.
Once you’ve found the right driver, download the driver file and save it to your desktop or elsewhere. Before downloading the driver file, ensure it corresponds to your PC type. That means if you use Windows 10 32-bit, the file should be for 32-bit Windows 10 PCs. Likewise, if you use Windows 64-bit, you should download the driver file meant for 64-bit Windows 10 version.
After you have downloaded the driver file, double-click to launch it and follow onscreen instructions to complete the installation of the new driver. Upon completion of the installation, you might be prompted to restart Windows. If so, reboot your computer.
If you find this approach tedious, there’s another way to download the latest driver. You can use device manager, a built-in utility in Windows, for this purpose.
Use Device Manager to download Logitech mouse drivers manually
Here are the steps to follow:
- Press Windows Key + R and then type devmgmt.msc in the run dialog box
- In the Device Manager window, browse to Mice and other pointing devices category and expand it
- Choose your mouse and right-click it
- Next, select update driver
- In the next window, you must select Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Windows is now going to browse the internet to find a driver update and install it. In case Windows is unable to find a driver update, you will need to download the driver manually and install it
- Restart Windows
How to download Logitech mouse drivers automatically
As you can see, downloading the mouse driver manually requires some patience and effort. If you would rather speed up the process, consider using a reliable driver update tool.
Benefits of using an automatic driver update tool
Automatic driver update tools offer many benefits, the most important ones being:
- You can update device drivers automatically
- The software scans and updates all outdated or missing drivers at one go
- The tool picks the right drivers for your device and operating system, so you won’t have to worry about installing an incorrect driver by mistake
- Automatic driver updates are 100% safe
Driver Updater is one of the best driver update tools out there. Outbyte Driver Updater will give you access to a database of over 1 million drivers. It will regularly scan your PC, suggesting new driver versions to install. Driver Updater contains drivers for a variety of Windows devices. With just one click, you can update drivers in your system.
Scan all devices
Install or update drivers automatically