The M310 is a popular wireless optical mouse, which you can use right out of the box. It features a sleek, ergonomic design and side grips. Whether you are a right-handed or left-handed, you can easily and comfortably use it. The M310 is affordably priced and connects with your device through a wireless, USB-receiver.
However, like any other peripheral device, the M310 may encounter some issues. Generally speaking, the M310 errors are not serious and most times the user can fix it themselves by downloading the latest drivers. All the same, we recommend you perform some basic troubleshooting steps — discussed next — before you install the newest mouse drivers.
Basic troubleshooting steps
The M310 Logitech Mouse boasts a solid batter life — roughly 18 months. How long ago had you changed the battery? If it has been too long, the first thing you should do is check your device’s battery.
The top of the M310 mouse has a small light; in case the power looks low, it indicates you need to replace the battery.
If that doesn’t work, check the USB port into which the M310 nano-receiver is inserted. Doing this is really simple. Just insert the M310 USB receiver into another USB slot. If the mouse now works fine, the problem laid with the pervious USB port.
If none of these solutions work, you should update the M310 mouse device driver. You can do so manually or automatically. While updating drivers automatically is a far easier, simpler, and faster method, this post discusses the both options in great depth so that you can choose the one with which you are more comfortable.
Manually Update the Logitech M310 Mouse Driver
Basically, there are three ways to manually update your mouse drivers. These are:
- Install the latest windows update
- Update the driver through Device Manager
- Directly download the latest M310 driver from Logitech’s website
Here are the steps for each one of them.
Install the latest windows updates
Windows update may have relevant detains pertaining to your outdated device drivers, in addition to the system updates. Therefore, it is worth giving a shot.
You can run Windows updates by performing these steps:
- Click the Start button
- Type “windows update” in the Start Search box. A list of options will appear; select Windows Update and then click Check for updates
- Windows will install all applicable updates. Follow onscreen instructions if any
- Restart Windows
Check if the M310 mouse error has been resolved. It is possible that Windows Update may not have the latest driver for your mouse. In this situation, you must manually download the newest driver by using any of the next two methods or automatically download it using a reliable driver software.
Manually download the M310 driver using device manager
Windows computers come prebuilt with a number of utilities. One such utility is Device Manager, which allows you to control attached hardware.
To update the M310 mouse driver through device manager, perform these simple steps:
- Click the Start button and then in the Start Search box type “run” and press the Enter key
- Now type “devmgmt.msc” in the run dialog box and then press Enter
- In the device manager window, locate and expand Mice and Other Pointing Devices option
- Right-click on the M130 mouse and then click Properties
- Click on the Driver tab and then click on the Update Driver button
- Click “Search automatically for updated driver software” in the next window
- Now, Windows is going to search for a driver update and automatically install it
If Windows is unable to find a relevant driver update, you must download it manually from the Logitech’s website.
Download the M310 mouse driver from the Logitech’s website
Here are the steps to follow:
- Open the internet browser
- Go to the Logitech website
- Search for the latest driver for the M130 mouse. It’s important that you download the driver version that corresponds to your Windows PC or laptop. That means if you are using a 32-bit Windows, you must install drivers designed for 32-bit Windows, not 64-bit. And if you use a 64-bit Windows, click on the driver designed for 64-bit PCs or laptops.
- Save the downloaded file on your computer
- Double-click the .exe file to start the installation. Follow on-screen instructions, if any
- Reboot windows
Note: Always download drivers from the device manufacturer’s or your laptop manufacturer’s website, and not other websites. That’s because some websites may disguise malware as genuine files, installing and running which can cause trouble.
Downloading the M130 driver automatically
As you can see, the manual downloading process is anything but easy and straightforward. Also, you can’t do it unless you have some degree of technical know-how. If you want to speed up and simplify the process, go for a reliable driver update software, like DriverDownloader. This tool can update all the outdated device drivers on your computer, including the M130 mouse driver, at a single click.
You can download, install, and even run DriverDownloader for free, but to get automatic driver updates, you must register the software. Because the software is backed by a 30-day money-back guarantee, you can give it a go without any worry.
Here are the steps to download, install, run and register driver software.
You can download DriverDownloader by clicking the link below.
Click Run or Save
Depending on the browser you use, a message will appear either in a pop-up window or in a dialog box.
If you click ‘Run’, simply go to the next step.
If you click ‘Save’, browse to the ‘download’ folder on your pc or to the location where you’ve saved the executable file and double-click driverdownlaoder.exe to launch it.
Installing the software is easy. Simply click the ‘Install’ button and follow on-screen instructions. The entire process is not likely to take more than a couple of minutes.
This is the last step. To get automatic driver updates, register DriverDownloader.