If you are having problems with sending mails in outlook, the issue may be relating to the outgoing port you are using.
This will apply if you are required to use a specific port for outgoing mail (check with your host).
To enter a specific outgoing mail port number do the following:
- open Outlook
- click on settings (or the gear icon in the row of icons on the bottom left of your Outlook screen
- this will open your settings option menu > select ‘manage accounts’
- click on the account you wish to edit the port settings for
- click on the ‘options for syncing your content’ link
- scroll down to ‘incoming and outgoing mail server info’ and click on this link
- in the out going mail server, enter a colon (:) after the server name and then type the server number (don’t use any spaces)
- save and exit settings
Try sending a test email. This will work the same if you need to change the incoming server port.