AirPrint is a convenient mobile printing solution that allows you to print directly from an iPad, iPhone, or any other Mac device. With an AirPrint enabled printer, to print a document from your iPad:
- tap the Share button
- select Print
- select the Printer from the list (if it isn’t selected)
- tap on Print
There are few common AirPrint issues on iPad. We have set out the solutions to the main iPad printing issues below:
Printer is not showing up on iPad
If the printer is not showing up in the list, you cannot print. Here are troubleshooting steps you need to follow:
Ensure the printer is on
Many times users try to print documents from their iPad but forget to switch on the printer. Check to see if the printer is plugged in and turned on.
Check if the printer is connected to correct WiFi network
AirPrint works over a WiFi connection. This means if your iPad is connected to the internet via 3G/4G you won’t be able to print through your network printer. Not only should your iPad be connected to the internet through WiFi, but your iPad and the network printer should also be connected to same WiFi network.
If your iPad and printer is connected to the same WiFi network and you are still not able to see the Printer, you need to refresh the WiFi connection on the iPad.
Refresh the Wi-Fi connection on iPad
To refresh the WiFi on your iPad, follow the steps given below:
- Open iPad settings
- On the left-side list, tap on WiFi
- Tap on green switch to turn it Off
- Wait for few moments and the toggle the WiFi on again and connect to the correct network
- Try printing a document from iPad
If the problem is not resolved, you need to reboot your iPad
How do I reboot my iPad?
- Hold down the Sleep/Wake button until the iPad prompts you with an option “Slide to Power Off”
- After the iPad is switched off, turn it on by pressing the Sleep/Wake button
- Switch on the WiFi on the iPad, connect to correct WiFi network and try printing a document
If the issue still persists, you will need to reboot the printer.
How do I reboot my printer?
- Switch off the printer and wait for a few minutes
- Switch the printer back on and wait until connects to the WiFi network
- Try printing a document from your iPad
Hopefully this article will have helped you resolved your AirPrint issues with your iPad. If you are still having problems printing from your iPad, please feel free to post your details in the comments section below and we will do our best to help!