If USB devices are not working on your computer, you should check the USB Composite device driver in Device Manager. If you see a yellow exclamation mark near USB Composite Device entry, it means the right driver for the device is missing.
An easy solution to this issue is to get new drivers. You can do this manually or automatically. Here we have provided steps to both methods.
Before you go ahead and update drivers, we suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to isolate the issue.
Run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
- Press Windows key + R to bring up Run command
- In Run command window, type control panel and click OK
- In the search bar of Control Panel window, type troubleshooting
- Click on Troubleshooting
- Click Hardware and Devices
- Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter
How to manually update USB Composite Device driver?
- Hold down Windows logo key and press R key on the keyboard. It will invoke the Run command tool
- In Run command box, type devmgmt.msc and click OK
- In the Device Manager window, go to Universal Serial Bus Controllers category and expand it
- Locate USB Composite device entry in the list and right-click on it
- Click Update Driver software
- In the next window, select the first option that says Search automatically…..
- Wait while Windows search for driver updates
- Follow instructions to install driver updates
If the above method did not work for you, perform the troubleshooting steps given below.
- Right-click on USB Composite device and select Uninstall device
- If you are prompted for permission by User Account Control, click Yes
- After the uninstallation is complete
- Restart your PC
- Windows will identify missing drivers and install drivers for USB Composite device
How to update driver for USB Composite Device automatically?
You can use DriverDownloader software to update the USB Composite Device driver automatically. It is a powerful driver update tool that can update your system drivers with a click of a button.
And the best part is:
It comes with a 30-day money back guarantee.
While you can download, install, and run the software for free, to get automatic driver updates, you’ll have to register it. As I mentioned, there’s a money-back guarantee on the software, so you can try it without any worry.
Click this link to download DriverDownloader.