Having issues producing sound through Realtek Digital Output?
If yes, this post is just for you.
Sometimes when Realtek Digital Output is marked as the default device, sound issues have been reported to occur.
Here are two solutions to fix the problem.
Set speakers as default device
As a matter of fact, it mightn’t be really necessary to use Digital Output, which refers to high-definition audio devices (digital). They don’t connect to your laptop or computer using the standard cables, or in other words, analog cables. For instance, your home theatre system makes use of digital output, as does a television that has an HDMI connection.
That’s why in case your speakers are of the regular type and you’ve marked Realtek Digital Output as the default device, sound issues can occur. To fix this issue, mark your speakers as the default device.
Here are the steps to follow:
- Right-click on the speaker icon in taskbar. Next click Playback devices
- Now click Playback, and then right click Speakers. Finally, select the option “Set as Default Device.”
- Click the OK button
Update Realtek audio driver
An outdated audio driver can cause all sorts of problem, including the aforementioned issue. Therefore, if the first solution didn’t work, you should update your realtek audio driver.
To update the driver manually, go to the Realtek website and download the latest driver compatible with your Windows version and type. That is, if you have a Windows 10 (32-bit), download a driver meant for 32-bit Windows 10 only.
Save the driver file on your desktop and then follow these steps:
- Press Windows logo key + R together to bring up the Run command
- In Run command, type devmgmt.msc and click OK
- In the Device Manager, expand Sound, video and game controllers category
- Right-click the Realtek sound card and click Update Driver Software
- Click “Browse my computer for driver software”
- Click the Browse button and navigate to the location where you have saved driver file. Select it and follow onscreen instructions
- If required, restart Windows
Alternately, you can update Realtek audio driver automatically using a reliable driver update software tool such as DriverDownloader.
An excellent tool, it updates all your outdated drivers in a jiffy. Cool, eh?
So click the button below to download the software. However, don’t forget to register DriverDownloader because only registered users get automatic driver updates.