Search Google using the key phrase “how to download drivers,” and you will get many answers. However, not all of them may offer a safe way to download drivers.
When it comes to downloading drivers, it’s important you use only a trusted source. Many websites push malware or spyware disguised as genuine programs or software. If you download them by mistake, you could be in big trouble.
If you’re looking for a way to download Dell monitor driver, you’ve come to the right place. In this post, we’re discussing three safe ways to download Dell drivers. While you can choose any of these three methods, we strongly recommend the third method because it’s super-easy, super-quick, and completely trustworthy.
Solution 1 – Update Dell Monitor Driver using Device Manager
Windows computers come with a built-in program called Device Manager that allows you to install, uninstall, and roll-back drivers.
Here’re the steps you need to follow to update your Dell Monitor Driver using Device Manager.
- Press Win + R keys simultaneously to launch Run box
- Type devmgmt.msc and press the OK button
- In the device manager window, expand Monitors. Next right-click Update Driver Software…
- In the next window, select the first option, which is Search automatically for updated driver software
- Windows will locate and update the driver on its own. Simply follow on-screen instructions (if any)
- Restart Windows if required
Note: While this is a pretty straightforward and simple way, it’s not the most recommended. Microsoft may fail to locate the latest driver, in which case you’ll get this message – The driver software for your device is already installed. If you get this message, you should try the 2nd or 3rd option.
Solution 2 – Download Dell Monitor Driver from dell.com
Another safe way to download dell driver for your monitor is via Dell’s official website. Here are the steps to follow.
- Navigate to Dell Product Support Center
- Next either click Choose from all products or enter the Dell Monitor ID in the search box
- Click Drivers & Downloads and then click Change OS to select your system
- Now expand Monitor & Displays and click Download
- Once the driver installer file is downloaded, double-click it and follow onscreen instructions to complete installation
- Restart Windows
Now, let’s check out the last method, which is much quicker and easier than the other two listed methods.
Solution 3 – Download Dell Monitor Driver automatically
If you want to download drivers automatically, use an advanced driver update software such as DriverDownloader.
This tool is super-fast, completely reliable, and highly accurate. It can update your Dell Monitor Driver and other drivers in less than two minutes.
While you can download, install, and run DriverDownloader for free, you’ll need to register the software to enjoy automatic driver updates. Since it comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee, you can try it without any issue.
Click the link below to download DriverDownloader.