Samsung CLX Errors
The most common Samsung CLX 3170 error you will get while using this multi-function device is that the machine does not print. This post contains information on how to resolve this and some other Samsung CLX 3710 Driver errors that you may encounter.
How to resolve the “the machine does not print” error
There can be several reasons why your Samsung CLX 3170 is not able to start a printing job, reasons such as:
- Printer is not receiving power
- Problem in connection between your computer and printer
- This printer is not selected as the default printing device in your computer.
- Other problem with printer
- The toner cartridge is not compatible
- Incorrect Port Setting
- Printer driver not installed or has become corrupt
- Problem with Document size
To fix this issue, we recommend you first check if the Samsung CLX 3170 is receiving power. Check the power cord, power switch and power outlet to ensure everything is functioning properly.
Once you have checked your power connections, you need to check the connection between your computer and printer. Disconnect and re-connect the printer cable. To ensure the printer cable works, try connecting your printer to another computer that is functioning properly and try printing a document.
Check whether Samsung CLX 3170 is the default printer or not. If it is not, perform the steps listed below to make it the default printer:
- Click Start
- Click Devices and Machines (or Machines and Fax)
- Locate and right-click “Samsung CLX 3170” and then select “Set as default machine”
In case the Samsung CLX 3170 was already the default printer, or in case the error persists even after it is selected as the default printer, you will need to check if the printer is having a problem related to the toner cartridge or paper. There can be several issues that can affect the proper functioning of your Samsung CLX 3170 printer. You need to check your printer for the following issues
- The front cover and rear cover of the printer should be closed
- The paper should be loaded and there should be no paper jams.
- The toner cartridge should be properly installed. If possible try replacing the toner cartridge.
You need to check your printer is communicating with the correct port. Follow the steps given below to check the port settings for your Samsung CLX 3170.
- Click on Start -> Control Panel –> System
- Click on Hardware tab -> Device Manager
- Under Ports (Com and LPT), go to Printer Port (LPT1) and double-click on it to view its Properties
- In General section under Device Status you should see message “This device is working properly” which confirms the port settings are correct.
If none of these solutions have worked to resolve the issue, it is more likely the printer drivers have become corrupt or out of date. Try uninstalling and re-installing the printer drivers and printer software.
Every printer has some minimum system requirements which include free hard drive space. The minimum hard drive space requirements for different OS are as follows
Windows 2000 – 600 MB
Windows XP – 1.5GB
Windows Vista – 15GB
Windows 7 – 16GB
Windows Server 2008 – 10 GB
The above mentioned values for free hard drive space are recommended values. If the document size which you are trying to print is big then you need to ensure you have at least the recommended free hard drive space on your computer.
click here to go to our Samsung drivers page to download Samsung driver updates (this will allow you to run a free Driver Scan)
How to resolve “A print job is extremely slow” issue?
Many things may cause delays in printing with a Samsung CLX 3170. One reason is the print job is too complex. You can resolve the issue by reducing the complexity of the document or changing the print settings of the documents. You can reduce the resolution of the document to 1200dpi (Normal) or 600dpi (Draft). If that doesn’t solve the slow printing issue, try connecting to other computer.
How to resolve “Scanner Locked” error?
Your Samsung CLX 3170 has a lock switch, which you need to set to the unlocked position. If that doesn’t help, switch off the device and start again.
How to fix “Fuser error” messages?
You may notice “Over heat Error (Cycle Power)”, “Low heat error (Cycle Power)”, or “Open heat error (Cycle Power)” message on your Samsung CLX 3170 LCD screen. These errors are related to Fuser and Exit sensor in your device. The solution to this problem is to replace the Fuser and Exit Sensor in your device.
One more common cause of printer errors is outdated or corrupt Samsung CLX 3170 drivers. The issue can be resolved by installing new drivers, which can be downloaded manually from the Samsung website or using a reputable driver update tool. To update your Samsung CLX 3170 drivers automatically click here and select the download link to run a free Drivers Scan.
HP Printer Offline Windows 10 says
Nice solution sharing about CLX 3170 driver errors.