Install Digital Camera Drivers
To transfer photos from your digital camera to your pc, you need to have the correct Driver installed on your computer. Installing device drivers, including digital camera drivers, is relatively straightforward. To install the Digital Camera Driver, follow the steps below.
- Click Start
- Open Control Panel
- Select Printers and Other Hardware, and then Scanners and Cameras
- Select Add an Imaging device
- Connect your digital camera to your pc (usually via USB)
- In the Camera and Scanner installation wizard, choose Automatic Port Detection and click the Next button
- Choose the details appropriate for your camera, such as make and model information, in the next screen, and then click the Next button
- Turn the camera on, and then click Next
- Enter the name for the camera whose Driver you are installing in the next screen, and then click Next
- Click Finish
Common Digital Camera Driver errors
Here we will demonstrate how you can fix common Digital Camera Driver errors. In the event of a Digital Camera Driver error you will be unable to transfer data between your Digital Camera and your PC. You may also get an error message on your screen, or your PC may freeze or act erratically when you connect your Digital Camera to it.
Before we take a look at the steps you need to take to fix this issue, lets take a look at why these errors occur in the first place. Digital Camera driver errors may occur when:
- The required Driver is missing
- The installed Driver has become corrupt
- The installed Driver is not compatible with your Digital Camera
- The installed Driver is not up-to-date
Solutions to common Digital Camera Driver errors
To resolve any of the above issues you need to install the latest Digital Camera Drivers. This you can do so by downloading the latest Driver version from the manufacturer’s website. Alternately, you can use a driver update tool to automate this and all Driver updates for your PC.
Automatic updates – A Driver update tool will automatically download and update your Digital Camera Drivers. As a user all you have to do is click the Scan button and the Driver Update Tool does the rest of the work. It finds the relevant Drivers from its library and installs it on your PC.
Genuine Drivers – Reliable Driver update software update only 100% genuine drivers on your computer.
Fast updates – A Driver update tool will update your Drivers in minutes.