How to download & update DVD & CD Drivers:
DVD & CD drivers are software programs that allow your Windows operating system communicate with your DVD/CD drive.
In this post we will discuss the following topics:
- – What are the common DVD & CD Drivers errors?
- – How to permanently fix DVD & CD Drivers errors
Driver errors usually occur in the following cases:
- The required device driver(s) is missing
- The required device driver(s) is corrupt
- The installed device driver(s) is outdated
Common DVD & CD Drivers problems:
If there is a problem with your DVD/CD driver, your Windows computer will probably fail to play the inserted DVD/CD.
Below are some of the more common DVD & CD errors that have often troubled Windows users:
- “DVD/CD-ROM drives error Code 38”
- “Load Driver – A required CD/DVD driver is Missing”
- “Failed loading CD/DVD drives, error – 43”
- “Error code 32 – A driver (service) for this device has been disabled. An alternate driver may be providing the functionality” – to read our blog post on fixing code 32 errors – click here
What can I do to fix DVD & CD Drivers problems?
Reinstall the DVD/CD driver via Device Manager
Sometimes, Windows may save the driver files incorrectly. This can manifest as a driver error when the operating system tries to access the driver in question. In addition, registry-related issues and infestation of driver files by malware may make a driver inaccessible. Such issues can be resolved by uninstalling and reinstalling the concerned driver.
Let’s take a look at the steps you need to follow to manually reinstall a DVD/CD driver in Windows:
- Click the Windows icon in the taskbar, and then click Control Panel
- Double-click Device Manager
- Double-click DVD/CD-ROM drivers
- Double-click the driver that is causing trouble
- Click the Driver tab
- Click the Uninstall button
- Follow the screen instruction to complete the uninstall
- If asked restart your computer
- Next, insert the driver disc in your DVD/CD ROM and follow the onscreen instructions to reinstall the driver
- If you do not have the required driver disc, locate and download the driver from the Internet. You can usually find the drivers at the product manufacturer website
Run a scan on your computer using an efficient driver management tool
As you can see, fixing driver-related errors manually is time-consuming. Even after spending time trying to solve a driver error manually, there is no guarantee that you will find the solution. For instance, all your efforts will go to waste if you don’t have the required driver disc and are not able to locate the required driver on the Internet. There is also the risk of installing the wrong driver and causing other problems in addition to the existing ones.
An efficient driver management tool provides you a guaranteed, effortless, and quick way of permanently resolving driver errors. Thanks to the large drivers database that such programs have, they are able to quickly locate the latest driver for any type of hardware device.
Driver Downloader is one the web’s most trusted and comprehensive Driver Update Programs. By downloading Driver Downloader you can instantly resolve your drivers problems by scanning your PC for outdated, missing or corrupt drivers, which are then automatically updated to the most compatible version.
List of the most common DVD & CD Drivers:
- ATYXGL KL6N05A SCSI CDRom Device
- hp DVDRAM GT20L
- Adaptec ASPI Drivers
- Microsoft CD-ROM Changer Drivers
- NEC IDE CD-ROM Driver: 2X, 4X, and 8X Speed
- Adaptec UDF Reader Driver
- PC-DVD Encore Dxr3 Drivers for Windows 95/98/NT 4.0
- Creative Labs PC-DVD Encore Driver (Windows 95/98/NT 4.0)
- Easy CD Creator Software Update