Did you know that you can convert your Blackberry 3G smartphone into a WiFi hotspot? This built-in feature is very useful, especially for people who frequently need to work while on the move. By converting your smartphone into a WiFi hotspot, you can access the Internet on multiple devices such as tablet and laptop.
Useful as it is, there are a couple of things you must bear in mind when setting up a mobile WiFi hotspot.
- Ensure that the network operator you use allows tethering (name given to the process of converting a smartphone into a mobile WiFi hotspot) on your plan
- Ensure that you are aware of any data limit
Coming to the steps you must perform, here is what you need to do:
- Using your phone’s drop-down bar, locate and enter System settings
- Choose Network Connections
- Choose Mobile Hotspot
- Go through the setup stages by reading the text on display and then clicking the Next button where appropriate
- Enter an appropriate password for the mobile hotspot you’ve created
Now open your laptop, select the mobile hotspot, enter your password, and you are ready to access the Internet on it.
We round off the post with a few words of advice: protect your Windows laptop against malware by installing an advanced antivirus tool on it.