In case you have reinstalled Windows 10 or upgraded to Windows 10, you may have to update your video drivers. Updating the video drivers may also help you boost your PC’s performance. This can also fix issues related to the video driver.
You can update video drivers in three ways. Pick the one that works best for you.
Method 1 – Update Video Drivers Via Driver Manager
Driver Manager is a built-in utility in Windows that help you update driver and do many other things.
Here are the steps to follow:
- Press Windows + R keys simultaneously
- Type devmgmt.msc in the Run dialog box to open the Device Manager window
- Expand the display driver and right-click the graphics card you are using. Click the Update driver option
- The next window will show you two options. Select the first option (Search automatically for updated driver software)
- Follow onscreen prompts and restart Windows
Method 2 – Download the new driver from the manufacturer’s website
Go to your video graphic manufacturer’s website and locate the latest driver for your graphic card.
If you’re unsure which graphic card you’re using, perform these steps:
- Click the Start Search button and type run and press Enter
- In the run dialog box, type dxdiag and then press Enter
- Click the Display tab in the DirectX Diagnostic Tool
- Check for the information regarding your graphics card
When selecting the latest driver for your graphic card, make sure the driver is meant for your operating system. For instance, if you use Windows 10 32-bit, the driver must be for 32-bit computers. Similarly those using 64-bit version of Windows 10 should download drivers that work with 64-bit PCs.
Once you have found the right driver, download it and save the driver file in a suitable location, such as your desktop. Double-click the driver installer file (one with .exe extension) to install the driver. Follow onscreen instructions to complete the installation process. You may have to restart Windows. You may also be able to download the latest graphic card driver from your pc manufacturer’s website.
Method 3 – Download the driver automatically
Don’t want to go through so much trouble to get the newest graphics card driver?
Then use DriverDownloader. It is an excellent driver update tool which will update your graphics card driver in a wink.
Click the link below to download DriverDownloader.