Some Windows XP users have complained about Windows automatically signing them out after a few minutes of inactivity.
Unlikely as it seems, this issue usually occurs because of screensaver settings. To correct the problem, perform the steps detailed below:
- Right-click on an empty area on your desktop
- Choose Display Properties
- Click Screen Saver
- Increase the time listed in the Wait field
- Deselect the box before On resume, password protect if you don’t want windows to ask for a password each time you exit the standby mode
- Click the OK button to save your preferences
Since the release of Windows XP, Microsoft has released three new versions, each better than the previous one. However, many users are comfortable using Windows XP only and choose not to upgrade. For such users, there is some good news: they can run Windows XP virtually, inside Windows 7 or Windows 8. This is made possible by Windows Virtual PC, a free application.
Whether you use older or newer Windows versions, you must protect it from malware and hackers. The best way of doing this is by installing a reliable and fast antivirus tool and keeping it up-to-date.