Do you see a yellow exclamation mark near the base system device item in the Device Manager?
If yes, this post is for you. Many users have complained of finding driver related issues after installing or reinstalling Windows.
What is the base system device driver related issue?
Base system device issue points towards the driver problem. It occurs when the drivers of the card reader are not properly installed on your computer. The base system device is generally listed under “Other devices” category in Device Manager. There is a possibility the base system device issue is related to other system drivers.
A simple solution to this problem is updating drivers that can be done in 3 ways.
Method One – Update Drivers through Device Manager
- On your keyboard, press Windows logo key and R simultaneously to invoke Run command
- In Run command, type devmgmt.msc
- In the Device Manager window, go to Other devices category and expand it
- right-click on Base System device item and click on the option Update driver software
- In the next window, click on the option that says the search for driver software automatically
- Windows will search the Internet for driver software update and install it
- If this method does not work for you, try updating the driver manually
Method Two- Update drivers manually
- Open Device manager. Refer the first three steps given in solution above
- In the Device Manager window, expand Other Devices category
- Right-click on Base System device
- Select Properties
- In the Base System Device Properties window, go to Details tab
- Under Device description, expand the drop down list
- Select Hardware Ids from the list
The Hardware Ids contains two important values- VEN stands for Vendor and DEV stands for Device. You need to have Vendor ID and Device ID to find the right device drivers on the internet. Look at the image below – the Vendor ID is 15AD and the Device ID is 0740
- Copy the entire Hardware ID and paste in Google search box, you will get the name of few sites where the driver might be available.
If you find the manual driver update method difficult, you can use the DriverDownloader software to update driver automatically
Method Three- Update Drivers automatically
A super fast and easy to update base system device driver is by using a driver update tool such as DriverDownloader.
Did you know that you can update your drivers using this software in matter of just a couple of minutes?
Yes, that’s true. DriverDownloader is that quick. Also it always installs the latest driver that’s compatible to your system, so you don’t have to worry about compatatibility issues.
Isn’t that cool, eh?
Click the green button below to download DriverDownloader.
If none of the solutions have worked for you, try the troubleshooting steps given below.
- Launch Internet browser
- Download “Onboard Network Driver for Microsoft Windows”
- Unzip the file and run:
We hope you are able to resolve the base system device driver issue by following one of the solutions given in this post.