Are you unable to access the internet because of some problem with Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller driver?
If yes, this post is just for you.
You may see a yellow exclamation mark next to the Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller device in the Device Manager window if there’s some problem with its driver.
To solve the problem, you’ll need to update the device driver.
How can you do that?
There are two ways. You can update the device driver manually or automatically. The latter is much easier and convenient; nonetheless, we’ve listed both the methods here so that you can decide for yourself which one works better for you.
Solution 1 – Uninstall and Reinstall the driver
When there’s a yellow mark next to the device, it means the driver is either missing or incorrectly installed. Therefore, removing the driver and then letting Windows install it again will do the trick.
To uninstall the device driver, here are the steps you need to follow:
- Press Win + R keys on the keyboard to launch the run dialog box
- Next type devmgmt.msc and press the Enter key
- In the Device Manager window, browse through the list until you see Network Adapters. Next expand this entry, right-click Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller and choose Uninstall
- In the Confirm Device Uninstall box, tick the checkbox next to Delete the driver software for this device
- Next click the OK button
- Now click the Action menu in top menu bar
- Click the fourth option from the top, that is, Scan for hardware changes
- Now Windows will look for a relevant driver for this device and install it
Solution 2 – Update the device driver automatically
In case the first step didn’t work, we recommend you update the driver. To do this, use a reputable driver update software such as DriverDownloader.
This software will update the Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller driver in a jiffy. DriverDownlaoder is free to download, install, and run, but to get automatic driver updates you must register yourself. As it is backed with 30-day money back guarantee, you can register without any issues. If the software didn’t live up to your expectations, which is highly unlikely, you can get a full refund within 30 days of the purchase.
To download DriverDownloader click the link below: