Razer Synapse allows you to assign micros or rebind control to Razer peripherals. You can also use it for saving your configurations in cloud-based storage. That’s why you can easily switch it between configurations. Other important features included in Razer Synapse are heat maps, hardware configurator, and stats.
One of the most common errors reported by Razer Synapse users is ‘Razer Synapse Not Working/Opening’. This error occurs after you update it. Even though Razer devices are plugged in your system, it refuses to pop-up.
Thankfully, this issue is easily resolvable. In this post, we’ll look at different ways through which you fix this issue.
Let’s dive in.
Reinstall the Software
Deleting all its files and then reinstalling the software is one solution that has worked for many users who got this error. Precisely for this reason, we recommend you try this solution first.
You’ll need to login into your system as an administrator, because its folders are hidden in the File Explored. Logging with administrative rights will allow you to access them.
Here are the steps to follow.
- Press Window + R
- Now in the Run box, type “cpl” and click the OK button. This will open a new window which will list the names of all installed programs
- Right-click Razer Synapse and click Uninstall. Then right-click Razer Core and click Uninstall
- Windows will hardly take any time to uninstall them. Once this is done, press Window+E. This will open file explorer window
- Browse to C:\Program Files (x86)\Razer
- This directory contains hidden folders. Therefore, first unhide them. Click View (the 4th tab in the top tab menu) and then check the box before “Hidden items”
- Now delete the files which are present in this folder. You’ll have to delete them all. When you delete the files, you may get UAC message. If so, simply choose Yes
- Now browse to C:\ProgramData\Razer directories and delete all the files in this folder
- After you’ve deleted the files, restart windows
- When windows reboots, again open Run window by pressing Window+R. Now type “msc” and press Enter. This will open device manager window.
- Expand the type of Razer device that you’re using. It could be Razer Device, Keyboards, Human Interface Devices or Mice or other pointing devices categories.
- Right-click the device and click Uninstall device
- You may get a warning message prompting you to confirm you want to uninstall the device. Select the checkbox before Delete the driver software for this device and then click the Uninstall button
If other Razor devices are installed, then perform this procedure for all of them. In case you’re not sure about a particular device, simply uninstall it. You will need to restart windows after you’ve uninstalled the devices and deleted their drivers. Windows will install default drivers for these devices automatically upon restart.
Note: Ensure all Razer devices are unplugged when you reboot Windows.
- Now you will need to temporarily turn off windows firewall and your antivirus program. Sometimes the firewall and antivirus application can cause conflict when you are installing a new software application. By turning them off, you can avoid this conflict.
- Turn off windows firewall. Here are the steps you need to follow
- Press Windows+R. Now type “firewall.cpl” and then press the OK This will open the Windows Firewall window
- In the left-pane, click Turn Windows Firewall on or off
- Under private network location settings, select Turn off Windows Firewall (not recommended). Now under Public network location settings, select Turn off Windows Firewall (not recommended)
- Click the OK button
- Turn off your antivirus program. The exact steps vary from one antivirus program to another. Check the manual of your antivirus software to know the exact steps you need to follow.
- Download and install the newest version of Microsoft .Net Framework. Click this link to download. Restart Windows after you’ve installed the framework.
- Now go to the official Razer website and download Razer Synapse. After you’ve installed the package, make sure to check whether it opens properly. Even though you Razer Synapse should download automatically when Razer products are plugged in, you can always download it through its website.
Note: You must be logged with the administrator account throughout this process. In case the problem doesn’t go away, instead of logging into the existing account, create a new account. See if this helps. Otherwise move on to the next solution.
Disable Razer Surround
This application improves the sound quality when you play games. That said, more than a few users have complained that this module caused the “Synapse failed to open/load/disappeared” issue.
You can try this workaround which have worked for many users.
- Uninstall Synapse and Delete its residual files (Please refer to the steps in the first solution)
- Go the official website of Razer and download Razer Synapse software
- Install it. Next, you need to log into it with your account. Allow Synapse to connect to internet
- Ignore the feature update pop up. Right now we don’t have to update the software.
- After the installation is complete and Synapse has fetched all necessary data from internet, you’ll see two notifications on the top left-hand side: Razer Surround and Synapse Update
- Click Razer Surround and then cancel. You must not click install Razer Surround or update/upgrade Razer Surround. This is regarded as the main issue in this very case.
- Once you’ve cancelled the Razer surround, click Synapse Update notification to update Synapse software
- Restart Windows after update is completed. Now see if the issue is resolved
Install Newest Windows Updates
From time to time, Windows release new updates to improve the operating system. In case you’ve not installed Windows updates for some time, we recommend you install them now.
Here are the steps to follow:
- Click the Windows icon in the taskbar. In the start search box, type windows update and then press Enter
- In the Windows Update window, click check for updates. Windows will search for new updates and then install them
- You may be prompted to restart. Do so and see if the issue is fixed