Sometimes people have problems chatting online with other people while playing PS4 games. When they test the net connection, they receive PS4 NAT Type Failed.
Is something like this happening with you, too?
If yes, don’t worry a bit because this error is not at all difficult to resolve. And we’ll show you how to go about it.
However, first let’s learn more about PS4 NAT Type.
What is PS4 NAT Type?
Network Address Translation (or NAT for short) can translate a public IP address into a private one. This mechanism allows ISP to focus on several hundred clients simultaneously. Moreover, when you want to change port number, the private address can set to replace the public address.
There are three different sorts of NAT:
- Type 1 – This system is not only directly connect to the net but can also connect with other PS4 systems in a jiffy
- Type 2 – You can easily connect this system to a router
- Type 3 – You don’t need to establish open ports or DMZ setup in case you want to establish a connection with the system through your router. However, at times you may encounter serious issues with voice chat or network connection
One of the most common causes of this error is corrupt network firewall. Faulty network is another very common reason. However, you can resolve the issue fairly easily and efficiently by altering the type of NAT.
In this article, we’ve listed several troubleshooting techniques, all of which have worked seamlessly well for others in the past.
So, let’s get rolling.
Solution 1 – Manually configure PS4 Network Settings
You can follow these steps to check IP address.
- Open the Settings page and try to go to the main screen of PS4
- Now go to View Connection Status and then change the IP address
- To manually configure PS4 networks settings, check setup network connection
Now follow onscreen instructions to change NAT type. You will be able to not only access but also operate each and every module if you’ve correctly performed the steps listed above.
Solution 2 – Use UPnP
NAT table is automatically configured to perform the required mechanics when you use UPnP for your NAT enabled devices. This networking protocol allows network devices to form a functional network service.
Here are the steps to follow:
- First log into the router. Then try enabling universal plug
- Now enter UPnP menu. Click the service option
- Save the required changes
- Lastly, check your net connection to apply power cycle for each of the two devices
Mind you, enabling universal plug is a tad complicated. It is possible that you might not be able do proceed. In that case, we recommend you give an alternative method a try.
Solution 3 – Enable forward ports
In case the last two methods didn’t produce the desired results, you can try setting up a DMZ (or demilitarized zone), which is a kind of a physical subnetwork. You can establish a connection between the external facing services of a network with a network that’s not trusted. However, port forwarding, simply put, is the process of redirecting communication requests from a particular IP address to another router.
Here are the steps to follow.
- First log into the router. Go to network settings
- Now open DMZ menu to enter IP address of PS4
- You now will have to add different ports on port forwarding table on the router
- Lastly save the changes and don’t forget to apply a power cycle
We are sure one of these three solutions would work for you and help you resolve the PS4 NAT Type Failed issue once and for all.