The HP Deskjet 2652 printer is packed with a slew of advanced features, making it one of the user-friendly printers in its price range. When it comes to home-office printers, the HP Deskjet 2652 leads the pack. An all-in-one printer, the HP Deskjet 2652 offers high-print quality and is very easy to install.
All the same, like any other peripheral device, the HP Deskjet 2652 printer is not immune to random errors. Once in a while, you may come across a situation in which your printer does not work as expected. Thankfully, it does not take much to get the HP Deskjet printer up and working.
If you are facing the “HP Deskjet 2652 not printer” issue, this post is just for you. In this post, we will look at various troubleshooting steps (ranging from basic to advanced) to solve this error.
- Basic Printer Problems
Many a time, printer problems occur less due to printer-related issues than other issues. If your HP Deskjet 2652 won’t print, first run the following checks:
- Ensure your printer is powered on
- Ensure the printer is connected to your laptop
- Make sure there is enough ink in the printer and the paper loaded is properly
- Clear Printer Queue
In case the above-listed basic steps do not produce the desired results, it’s about time to check the printer queue.
It is possible that a document that has been sent for printing might get stuck in the printer queue, which in turn can prevent other documents from printing.
If a single document has got stuck in the print queue, restarting this print job may suffice. But if that doesn’t work, you must cancel each document in the print queue and retry again.
Here are the steps to follow:
- Click Start and then type devices in the start search box. Next, click Devices and Printers in the list that appears on the screen
- In the Devices and Printers window, you will see all the printers configured on your computer. Right-click HP Deskjet 2652 and select See what’s printing. Now you will be able to see the print queue
- In case the problem is occurring because of one document and there are multiple documents in the print queue, usually it is the first document that is the culprit
Click the Submitted option to arrange the documents in such a way that the earliest document appears at the top, followed by the second-earliest document, and so on.
Right-click the document that is first in the list and click Cancel.
- Now click the Yes button
If you have cancelled the document which was stuck, your printer should be able to print the second-earliest document.
- If, even after removing the offending document, the printer is not working, cancel the entire queue
For clearing the entire print queue, click the Printer menu and then choose Cancel all documents. Now, the entire queue will be erased. Give the print command to another document to check whether the printer is now working or not.
- Wireless networking issues
Try the following steps if the printer is not working.
- Restart everything: If one device on your network is malfunctioning, it can affect all other devices on the network as well. For this reason, it is a good idea to restart all the connected devices.
- Check your printer’s network connectivity: Try printing out a test sheet/configuration paper directly from the Deskjet 2652. Now confirm that your printer is on the same network as other devices.
- Reconfigure the printer’s network settings: Switch off your printer first and then remove it from your network. Next, reinstall it by using original installation media.
- Driver problems
Outdated drivers can cause all sorts of issues, including the “HP Deskjet 2652 Not Printing” error. Thankfully, updating the printer driver is not difficult at all. You can update your HP Deskjet driver manually or automatically. While most people prefer taking the second route as it is easier, simpler, and faster, we have listed both the methods.
Manually updating the printer driver
- Browse to HP support website
- Enter the printer model number and click Begin
- Click the Download button
- Double-click the file you have downloaded to start installation
- In the next HP Easy Start window, accept the terms and settings. Next, click Continue
- If you are using a Wi-Fi, select the checkbox before “Enable HP Auto Wireless Connect” and then click the Continue button
- Now the installer is going to verify the connection; wait until this step is complete
- In the next window, you will be presented with three options. Select the second option: Full software and drivers. Next, click the Continue button
- The selected software will now be installed; wait until the installation is complete and then restart Windows
- Now, check if the problem is fixed or not
Automatically updating the printer driver
The manual process of updating a driver can be tiresome and complicated. If you want to simplify things, consider using a driver update tool such as DriverDownloader.
Backed by a 30-day money-back guarantee, DriverDownloader updates all device drivers automatically. While you can install and even run the software for free, you must register to enjoy automatic driver updates.
Here’s the link to download DriverDownloader