The Logitech M510 is a wireless mouse that helps you work and browse the web faster. Logitech has made a name for itself by developing quality peripheral devices and its various mouse models are a favorite among computer users. The M510 is one of the most popular general-purpose mice, but like other hardware devices it needs a compatible driver to function.
When you install the Logitech M510 Wireless Mouse, Windows automatically installs a compatible driver. However, sometimes things may not go as planned and you may face driver-related performance issues and errors. A malware infection or other things can also trigger driver-related issues.
In this post, we will show you how to download and install the Logitech M510 wireless mouse driver. However, first let’s take a look at the main features of this popular device.
What is the Logitech M510 Wireless Mouse?
Superior technical and practical features make this device very popular among Windows users.
Some of the most attractive physical attributes are as follows:
- Wireless – Its plug-and-play installation make it super easy and convenient to use.
- Comfort – Since the M510 is ergonomically designed, it nicely fits your hands.
- Key placement – The placement of keys is very convenient with buttons for zoom, forward and back, and side-to-side functions.
The mouse incorporates several technical features worth talking about.
- Programmable controls. You can set keys and buttons according to your preferences
- Laser-grade tracking accuracy and precise control
- Logitech Unifying receiver. It can communicate with as many as 6 compatible devices
- Impressive batter life (roughly 2 years)
- Comes with 7 buttons that streamline browser functions and simplify application use
- Compatible with Windows 10, 8, and 7 (also works with Chrome OS and Linux Kernel 2.6)
- 4GHz wireless communications (approximate range = 10m)
Common mouse errors
The M510 mouse, like any other peripheral device, can at times develop physical or technical problems. Some of the common issues that you encounter with it include:
- Your computer is not recognizing the plugged mouse
- Mouse is no longer tracking consistently
- Mouse buttons are no longer performing as programmed
Mouse related problems can occur because of various reasons, including outdated or corrupt drivers.
DIY solutions to fix M510 mouse issues
If your M510 mouse is not working properly, try these DIY solutions first.
- Replace the batteries. If you are facing connection or tracking problems, inserting a new pair of batteries is likely to fix the problem
- Plug the mouse into a new USB port. If the USB port in which your mouse is presently plugged into is faulty, using a new USB port will do the trick
- Ensure there are no other wireless devices in close proximity. If other wireless devices are lying very close to your wireless mouse, you may encounter problems with it.
- Ensure the mouse is not on a metal surface. If you are using the mouse on a metal surface, try it on some other surface, like wooden.
If none of the above-mentioned solutions work, chances are the issue is because of the mouse driver. If your driver fails to match up with the model of device you are using or the operating system, you may encounter performance issues and errors.
Updating the Logitech M510 Mouse Driver with Windows Update
The first thing you should do when you suspect there’s some problem with your M510 drivers is to run Windows Update. It will check your system and automatically install all the relevant updates. New updates may include updates not only for the Windows OS but also for any outdated drivers.
You can run Windows Update by performing the following steps:
- Click the Start button
- Type Windows Update
- In the list of options that appear on your screen, click Windows Update. Next, click ‘Check for updates’
- Follow the onscreen instructions, if any. Windows will automatically install the relevant updates
- Restart Windows and check if your mouse is now working fine
It’s possible that Windows Update might not have all the newest drivers issued by Logitech for its M510 mouse. If that’s the case, you will need to update the mouse driver. You can do this manually or automatically. The latter is a much faster and easier option, but we have listed the steps for both the methods so that you can pick one that works better for you.
Updating the M510 driver manually
When it comes to updating mouse drivers manually, you have two options. You can do this via Device manager or directly through the manufacturer website.
Updating your M510 drivers via Device Manager
Windows comes with a built-in utility, called Device Manager, that allows users to not only view but also control the hardware attached to their computer.
Here are the steps you need to perform to update your mouse driver using Device Manager:
- Press Win + R to open the run dialog box
- Type devmgmt.msc and then press Enter
- Expand Mice and Other Pointing Devices option
- When the menu expands, right-click the Logitech M510 mouse and click Properties
- Click the Driver tab (the second one from left).
- Click the Update Driver button
- In the next window, select Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Windows will search the internet to find a driver update and install it. If it does not find a driver update, you have to manually download the mouse driver and install it.
- Restart Windows
Download the Logitech M510 driver from the manufacturer website
Here are the steps for downloading the M510 driver from the Logitech website.
- Open your internet browser
- Browse to the Logitech website
- Search for the latest driver for your mouse. It is important to note that you must download the version that corresponds to your Windows PC or laptop. For instance, if you are using a 32-bit Windows, then you should download a driver meant for 32-bit Windows computers and not 64-bit.
- Save the downloaded file on your desktop or some other location
- Double-click the .exe file to launch installation and follow on-screen instructions if any
- Reboot Windows after installation is complete
Downloading the Logitech M510 driver automatically
As you can see, the manual method requires effort, time, and technical knowledge. If you are lacking in any of these, try the automatic method. With the help of an advanced driver tool, like DriverDownloader, you can update all your outdated drivers, including the M510 driver, in a jiffy.
DriverDownloader comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee and registered users get to enjoy round-the-clock customer support. Here are the steps to download, install, run and register driver software.
Click the link below to download DriverDownloader.
Click Run or Save
Depending on your browser, you’ll either see message in a dialog box or a pop-up window on your screen.
If you click ‘Run’, simply go to the next step.
If you click ‘Save’, browse to the ‘download’ folder on your pc or to the location where you’ve have saved the executable file and double-click driverdownlaoder.exe to launch it.
Just click the ‘Install’ button and follow on-screen prompts to complete the installation process, which shouldn’t take more than a minute or two.
This is the last step. To get automatic driver updates, register DriverDownloader.
We hope by now any issue that you were facing the M510 would have been fixed. It is important to note that drivers should always be kept up-to-date. That’s because outdated drivers can cause all sorts of performance issues. A reliable driver update tool makes it easy for you to keep your drivers in the best of conditions and enjoy optimal Windows performance.