Your sound card can’t function properly without the right kind of audio driver. It’s important to use the latest version of the audio driver as that helps improve your PC’s performance.
In this post, we will show you how to update your Dell Audio Driver in 3 simple steps. You can pick any of these steps, depending on your preferences.
So let’s get started.
Method 1 – Update Dell Audio Driver via Device Manager
- Press the Windows key and R key at the same time
- In the run dialog box, type devmgmt.msc and press Enter
- In the Device Manager window, scroll the list until you see Sound, video and game controllers. Now expand this list, right-click the appropriate device, and then click Update Driver Software
- In the Update Driver Software window, click Search automatically for updated driver software
- Once the device driver has been installed, reboot Windows
Important: In case you already had the latest driver, you will see a message in the Update Driver Software window stating “The best driver software for your device is already installed”. In that case, there’s nothing more you need to do.
Method 2 – Download Dell Audio Driver from Dell’s Website
Note down the device whose driver you have to update. To demonstrate the steps, we are going to search for the latest driver for Dell Alienware Area 51 R2.
Here are the steps to follow:
- Open Google (or any other search engine you prefer), type “Brand Name + Mode + Drivers) and then press the Enter key. Next, click the official Dell website in the search engine results
- Click Find it myself on Drivers & downloads page on the Dell website. Next, choose your Windows OS and set the View by as Category
- Find the latest driver update and then click the Download button
- Save the driver file on your desktop and launch the installation process
- Once you have installed the driver, reboot Windows
Method 3 – Download & Update Dell Audio Driver Using Driver Downloader
DriverDownloader is a nice tool that can fix driver problems in a jiffy. It automatically scans your PC, informs which drivers require an update, and then update them.
While you can use DriverDownloader for free to scan your computer and identify outdated drivers, to perform automatic driver updates you will have to register it. Since the software comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee, there’s no reason for not trying this advanced tool. Also, as a registered user, you will able to access customer care support in case you need some help.
Click the link below to download DriverDownloader
So, that’s about it. You can use any of these three methods to update your Dell Audio driver. Let us know which of these methods you liked best. Thanks!