Often users ask, “What is registry and why it is so important?” Think of registry as a huge database that stores all kind of information related to your computer’s settings, software programs, files etc. For nearly everything that you do on your computer, such as opening an excel file, changing your computer’s settings, launching your web browser, etc., your registry is referred to. Simply put, without it, Windows cannot do a thing.
Important and smart as it is, registry has one major shortcoming, it cannot prune redundant information stored by itself. To do that, it needs your help. Cleaning registry is a simple task and can be completed by a press of a button if you use an advanced registry cleaning software. By now, you might be wondering the following;
- What is a registry cleaner?;
- Why does registry gets filled with redundant information in the first place?; and
- What do I get by cleaning registry?
A registry cleaner is a software solution that uses an advanced algorithm to identify and remove unwanted data from registry. Registry of a new PC is compact, but as you use your computer, unnecessary information inflates it. Some of the more common causes for a bloated registry are:
- Incomplete uninstallations
- Installation of software packages
- Temporary data
- Malware infection
Coming to the third question, what do you gain by cleaning registry, the answer is a lot. A cleaner registry means:
- A faster PC
- Fewer runtime, DLL, ActiveX, and drivererrors
- Fewer system crashes or dreaded blue screen of death errors