Burning a CD or DVD in Windows 10 is easy. It’s something everyone can do, regardless of their level of technical knowledge. In this post we’ll show you step-by-step instructions about how to burn a CD or DVD in Windows 10.
Many computers come with a DVD or CD drive for creating recordable DVDs and CDs. Thanks to this drive, you can save data stored on your computer’s or laptop’s hard drive onto a removable media. A blank, recordable DVD or CD is a prerequisite for burning a DVD or CD in Windows 10. Next, insert into the appropriate drive on your computer.
When AutoPlay Is Enabled
- In case you’ve enabled AutoPlay, you’ll see a notification box on your screen
- This notification box basically tells you to decide the desired action you would want Windows to take every time you insert a blank, recordable DVD or CD
- Once you click or tap this notification box, you’ll see another message, which lists all actions your device can take.
When AutoPlay Is Not Enabled
- In case you’ve not enabled AutoPlay, you need to open a File Explorer window
- Next, click This PC and then right click CD DVD drive. Now you will see a pop-up menu. Here select AutoPlay to view the different options available to you
- Choose Burn files to disc using File Explorer option irrespective of the AutoPlay setting
- In the Burn a disc window, type the name for your disc in the Disc title box
- In the next screen select what type of recordable DVD or CD you want to create by picking the appropriate option
- Pick the Like a USB flash drive option in case you want the disc to act like a removable drive
- Pick the With a CD/DVD player option if you want to make a recordable, standard disc which plays on almost every CD player and computer
- Once you’ve made the appropriate choice, click Next
- In case you chose the option Like a USB flash drive, Windows will format your disc and then display it in a File Explorer window after it has formatted it. Now you will be able to use the disc the same way you use a folder saved on your hard drive. That is, you can copy the desired files or delete files as you want
- In case you chose the option With a CD DVD player, you will see an empty File Explorer window. You will need to copy the desired folders and files to burn to a DVD or CD
- Once you are through, click Share
- Next, click Burn to disc and Windows 10 will now burn the chosen files to your removable disc