Are you facing trouble connecting your mobile device to your computer using Bluetooth? Many users have complained of the Bluetooth peripheral device driver not found error. If you are getting an error message as shown below, this post is just for you.
The error mentions Windows did not find any driver for the Bluetooth device. Hence it couldn’t establish a connection between the device and computer. Installing a Bluetooth peripheral device driver can help fix this issue.
In this post, we will discuss some easy ways to install a Bluetooth device driver.
Method One – Install Bluetooth driver automatically
You can try updating the Bluetooth driver automatically by following the steps given below.
- On your keyboard, press key combination Windows + R simultaneously to bring up the Run command
- In the Run command box, type devmgmt.msc and click OK. This will launch Device Manager
- In the Device Manager window, go to the Other devices section and expand it. Here you will find Bluetooth peripheral device entry with a yellow exclamation mark. Refer to the image given below.
(Note: If you are not able to find any Bluetooth peripheral devices under Other devices, click View and select Show hidden devices. This will show all hidden devices in Device Manager)
To install Bluetooth driver follow the steps given below
- In the Device Manager, right-click the Bluetooth peripheral device entry and click Update Driver software
- Windows will search for the driver and install it automatically. Once the Bluetooth peripheral device driver is installed, try connecting your mobile device to your computer.
If Windows fails to install Bluetooth peripheral device driver automatically, you need to update the Bluetooth driver manually.
Method Two – Install Bluetooth driver manually
To install Bluetooth driver manually, you need to first download it from the Internet. Before you download the driver, you need to first check whether the Windows running on your computer is 32-bit or 664-bit.
(Note: these steps apply to Windows 7 only)
- To check the system bit architecture of Windows, follow the steps given below
- Press the Windows key and continue to hold it and press E. It will open file explorer.
- In the left-hand column, right-click on Computer and select Properties
- In the System window that opens, go to the System section and find what is mentioned in the field System type. It will be either a 64-bit operating system or a 32-bit operating system.
- If you have a 32-bit Windows operating system, click the link below to download Microsoft Mobile Device
- If you have a 64-bit Windows operating system, click the link below to download Microsoft Mobile Device
- If you are not able to find Microsoft Mobile Device download links at the URLs mentioned above, you can download it from the third-party website mentioned below.
- Users having Windows 32-bit Windows need to download File one. Click the link drvupdate-x86.exe on the page. Users having Windows 64-bit Windows need to download File one. Click the link drvupdate-amd64.exe on the page
- After the file is downloaded, click on the file to start the installation and wait for it to complete.
- Now open the Device Manager again and go to Other Devices and expand it
- Right-click Bluetooth peripheral device and select Update Driver software
- In the next window, click Browse my computer for driver software
- In the next window, click the option Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
- In the next step, you will be asked to select a device type from the list displayed in the window.
- Click Bluetooth Radios from the list and click Next
- In the next window, you will see a list of device manufacturers. In the manufacturer column, click Microsoft Corporation
- When you select Microsoft Corporation in the left column, you will see Windows Mobile-based device support appear. Some users may see more than one Windows Mobile-based device support. In that case, select the latest version.
- Press Next
- Windows might show some warnings when you try to install the driver. Keep pressing Next to proceed with the installation until you reach the last step. At the last step, click Finish. If the installation was successful, you will see a message pop-up that says the driver was successfully installed.
- Open the Device Manager window and go to the Bluetooth Radios section and expand it.
- It would show Windows Mobile-based device support entry or multiple entries.
Try connecting your mobile device now; it should connect without any hindrance. If you are still facing problems connecting your mobile device to your computer, follow the steps given below
- Open Device Manager
- Go to Bluetooth Radios and expand it
- Right-click Windows Mobile-based device support and click Uninstall
- Close the Device Manager
- Restart your computer
- Try connecting your mobile device now
Method Three – Update Bluetooth driver automatically
Let’s face it. Updating a device driver manually is not only cumbersome but also time-consuming. Plus, you require some technical knowledge to complete the process. A much simpler, easier way is to use a driver update tool like DriverDownloader.
You can update all your drivers within 2 minutes with DriverDownloader. While the program provides a driver report for free, you’ll need to register it to get automatic driver updates. Since there’s a 30-day money-back guarantee on the software, that shouldn’t be a problem. As a registered user, you will also enjoy access to customer support.
Here’s the link to download DriverDownloader