It’s not that only complicated errors are irritating. Far from it, a seemingly simple issue – such as backspace not working – can be every bit as frustrating.
The good part is you don’t have to live with this issue. You can fix the “backspace not working issue” on your own – and we’ll show you how to go about it.
Ready? Let’s dive straight in.
Solution 1 – Turn off the Filter Keys and the Sticky Keys feature
Windows operating system has some two accessibility functions, such as Filter Keys and Sticky Keys. While the former tells your keyboard to not pay attention to your reported or brief keystrokes, the latter lets you a key at a time for shortcuts.
However, at times, you can get the titled error if both are enabled. Turning them off can help get the backspace key working again.
Here are the steps to follow to turn off Filter Keys and Sticky Keys.
- In the Start Search box, type ease. Next, select Ease of Access keyboard settings.
- Ensure the two said keys are turned off here
- Now check if the backspace key is working
Solution 2 – Reinstall the keyboard
If, for some reason, the connection between Windows and the keyboard has become corrupt, you can get the listed error. In such a case, reinstalling the keyboard can do the trick.
Here are the steps to follow:
- Type run in the Start Search box and press Enter
- In the Run dialog box, type devmgmt.msc and then click the OK button
- Expand the keyboard section and then right-click the correct device and select Uninstall device
- Reboot Windows to check if things are back to normal
Solution 3 – Update the keyboard driver
An outdated keyboard driver can trigger all sorts of errors including this one. So if things have not yet improved, try updating your keyboard driver.
Now you might be wondering, “Gee, that sounds like a difficult ask.” Well, you couldn’t be more wrong. With help of a reliable driver update software such as DriverDownloader, you can update keyboard driver – and all others – in less than 2 minutes.
Here’s the link to this amazing software. Download, install, register, and then run it and see this pesty error vanish into the thin air.