Want to have your Mac appear on a Windows network?
In some Macs, the share setting is disabled by default. This is likely to be the case if you have a new Mac too. To see your Mac on your Windows network, simply enable the share setting. To do this, complete the steps detailed below:
- Click the Apple icon, and then click System Preferences
- Under the Internet & Wireless heading, locate and click the Sharing folder
- Check whether your Mac has a name. If it doesn’t, enter a name for it
- Select the features you want to share (these are listed on the left side), tick the box before File Sharing, and then click the Options button
- Next, tick the box before Share files and folders using SMB (Windows)
- Enter in a password for sharing your user account
You can share a Windows PC with Mac by entering this password on your Windows pc.