PCI communications controller is an interface that allows the modem to communicate with your computer. Your system needs to have a PCI simple communications controller Driver installed in order to work properly.
Note: PCI Simple Communications Controller is a generic label that Windows gives to PCI boards installed in a PC when the Drivers for the device are not installed.
Cause of PCI simple communications controller Driver error
The primary cause of this error is a missing or an obsolete Driver for the PCI device.
Error Message –
“Found New Hardware Wizard cannot find the Driver for the PCI Simple Communications Controller”
The error means that there is no Driver installed for the PCI Simple Communications Controller.
If you look in the Device Manager under “Other Devices”, you will see a yellow exclamation mark against the PCI Simple Communication Controller. To resolve this, you need to download and install the latest PCI Simple Communications Controller Driver for your computer.
- Click the Start button
- Click Control Panel > System and Security
- Under System – Click Device Manager
- If you are prompted for password, type the password. If prompted for confirmation, provide confirmation.
- Locate Other Devices, click on “+” sign to expand the list
- Look for “PCI Simple Communications Controller” in the list with a yellow exclamation mark
First go to the laptop’s or desktop’s manufacturer’s website. Once there, browse to the Downloads/Support section and look for Drivers for your laptop model/desktop model.
You need to download and install all chipset drivers for the laptop/branded desktop. For assembled systems, you need to use the motherboard Driver CD to reinstall all chipset Drivers.
Alternative way to resolve PCI Simple Communications Controller Driver error
Go to the Device Manager by following the steps given above. Repeat steps 1 to 6.
- Right-click PCI Simple Communications Controller, click Properties
- A new PCI Simple Communications Controller window will open. Go to the Details tab
- From the drop down list, select “Hardware Ids”
- Note down the first entry in the list. It tells you about the hardware manufacturer of the PCI device
- You can use this information to search for Drivers on the Internet
Manually updating drivers can be time-consuming and there is always a possibility of downloading the wrong drivers that can destabilize your system. Using a good and reliable Driver Update Tool can often be your best option.
To update your PCI simple communications controller Driver automatically, click here to find out more about our driver update tool and run a Free Driver Scan for your PCI communication device.