Brother Printer Drivers
If you have a Brother Printer, whether it is Laserjet, Inkjet or all-in-one, you will need updated Brother Printer Drivers. If you are upgrading to Windows 7 from another Operating System, then you will need Printer Drivers compatible with Windows 7.
Brother Printer Drivers enable your Brother Printer and your PC to communicate with each other. If these Drivers are missing, out-of-date, have become corrupted over time or are designed for the wrong Operating System, then this communication may experience problems.
Common Brother Printer Driver Errors:
Problems with Brother Printer Drivers will often manifest as:
- Brother Printer not recognised
- Unable to print or erratic printing
Causes of Brother Printer Driver Errors:
- out-of-date driver (Drivers are regularly updated so always check for the latest version)
- your Brother Printer Driver has become corrupt. This can happen when upgrading Operating Systems or installing other Software programs
- Driver is incompatible with your Operating System, if you are updating to Windows 7, you will need updated Printer Drivers for this Operating System
- the incorrect Driver is installed. There are numerous Brother Printer Drivers for all the various printer types and series, you must ensure that your Driver matches the type and model of Printer you are using
Windows 7 compatibility with Brother Printers
If you have bought a new Brother Printer and are having compatibility issues with your Windows 7 Operating System, then you need to first of all check that the printer is compatible with Windows 7 (there should be specifications on the box or any documentation that came with the printer).
Assuming the printer is compatible with Windows 7, and you are having problems installing it then you should uninstall any current Brother Printer Drivers (always do a backup before doing this). Once you have uninstalled all Brother Drivers, reboot your PC and install the Drivers for your new Brother Printer (they will either be provided on a disc or you will be given a link to download these Drivers from)
Once you have done a clean install then your Drivers and Printer should work. If you prefer to get automatic Driver Updates, rather than installing and updating the Drivers yourself, you can use a driver update tool.