In the event that a particular non-Apple program is not being shown correctly in the Spotlight results, you can solve this issue by performing the following steps:
- Turn off Spotlight indexing in that non-Apple application
- Turn on Spotlight indexing again
If an Apple-program is not being shown properly in the Spotlight, or if your entire Mac is not appearing properly in the Spotlight, re-indexing the whole drive may solve the issue. To do this, perform these steps:
- Open Spotlight System Preference
- Click Privacy
- Drag the hard drive into the list
- After a couple of minutes, remove the hard drive from the list
This should solve your problem. Please post below if you have other issues relating to this and we will try to help you solve them.
In case your Mac is performing poorly, we recommend you to use a reliable Mac Optimization Tool.