Some users who have upgraded their Windows 7 to Windows 8 Pro complain of the following problem with Internet Explorer (IE) that comes with Windows 8.
Internet Explorer loads properly but soon gives an error message and closes automatically.
This problem may occur due to some issue between your antivirus software and new IE. The following steps may help you resolve the issue.
- Download the latest Windows updates – The first thing you must do is download and install all the latest Windows updates. If this does not fix the error, move on to the next step.
- Reset IE settings – To do this, you need to complete the following steps:
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click Tools to open the Internet Explorer dialog box
- Click the Advanced tab (located at the extreme top right-hand side)
- Click Reset
- Click the Apply button, and then click the OK button
- Close Internet Explorer, and then reload it
As mentioned above, this issue may occur due to some compatibility issue between your antivirus software and IE. It is noted that some antivirus software programs use more resources than others and can cause issues with other installed software or programs. So, choose your antivirus software wisely. The best antivirus software Tools are light and do not interfere with other programs.