Driver-related issues on a Sony computer can cause various problems, including slow pc performance and frequent errors.
Usually, errors occurring due to driver issues are accompanied with an error message which specifies the problem clearly. However, sometime this is not the case. If you experience a certain error but are not sure whether it is due to issues with your Sony driver or not, you can perform the following steps to ascertain its cause:
- Open the Control Panel window
- Click Device Manager to open its corresponding window
- Expand the hardware device type with which there is a problem
- Check if there is an exclamation mark, a yellow triangle, or a red cross against a hardware device. If yes, the problem is related to a driver.
Problems relating to Drivers can be easily resolved by installing the latest Driver version from the manufacturer’s website. Before you do that, however, it is necessary that you note down the model and make of the hardware device that has encountered the issue. This information is listed in the Device Manager.
Download Sony Drivers
The process of downloading drivers from Sony’s official website is relatively straightforward. All you need to do is following:
- Open your Internet Explorer or another browser
- Go to http://www.sony.com/
- Click I’m looking for drivers and software application in the “How can we help you?” section
- Select the right product category, sub category, series, and model. Next, click the blueTake me to this model page button
- Select your operating system in the Select operating system drop-down menu.
- From the list displayed at the bottom part of this page, select the driver you want to download
- Save the driver file in an appropriate location
Install Sony Drivers
To install Sony Drivers, you need to complete the following steps:
- Locate and double-click the driver file you downloaded
- Click the Run button and follow the screen instructions
- Restart Windows after you are through
Automatic Driver updates with Driver Update Tool
Above, we learned how to download a Sony Driver from Sony’s official website. As you can see, the whole process does not take much time. What if you need to download many Sony or other drivers together, or if the driver you need is not listed on the manufacturer’s website? In cases such as these it could take you a lot of time to find, download and install the right drivers. However, with a driver update tool this task can be automated and simplified.