Are you experiencing issues with your Intel device?
More often than not, Intel device errors are caused by driver-related issues.
Before we discuss the steps that must be performed to fix driver-related issues, let us first check out why driver-related issues occur and how to identify if a hardware problem is being caused by driver-related issues.
You may experience issues with your Intel drivers if:
- You are using outdated, old Intel drivers
- You have not installed any drivers for your Intel device
- The installed Intel drivers have been deleted or have become corrupt
How to check if the error is due to a driver problem
You can use Device Manager to check if a hardware problem is being caused by driver-related issues or not.
To access Device Manager on Windows 7 and Windows Vista, perform the following two steps:
- Click the Windows icon in the taskbar
- Type devmgmt.msc in the Start Search box, and then press Enter
To access Device Manager on Windows XP and older versions, perform the following steps:
- Click the Start button, and then click Run
- In the Open box type devmgmt.msc, and then press Enter
Once you have opened the Device Manager window, double-click the hardware device typethat is giving you trouble to view all the hardware devices listed under it. If you find a yellow triangle, question mark, or an exclamation mark against the Intel device, it means the problem is due to driver-related issues.
How to download the right driver from Intel’s website
Before you perform the following steps, we recommend you to note down the model number and make type of your Intel device. This information, displayed in Device Manager, will come handy when trying to locate the latest driver on Intel’s website.
- Go to http://www.intel.com
- Click Menu, click Support, click Downloads and Drivers, and choose Browse for Drivers or Automatically Find Drivers and Software, and then follow the onscreen instructions.
Note: If you select the first option, you will have to manually download the drivers. If you select the second option, you will have to download Intel download utility, which will scan your computer and download any missing or outdated drivers.
How to install Intel drivers
To install any driver, including Intel’s, just double-click the driver file and follow the onscreen instructions.
How to fix all driver errors quickly
By downloading a driver update tool you can quickly resolve your drivers problems by scanning your PC for outdated, missing or corrupt drivers, which are then automatically updated to the most compatible version.
Common Intel Driver Downloads
The most common Intel Driver downloads are for
- Intel Chipset Drivers
- Intel Video Drivers
- Intel Core 2 Duo Drivers
- Intel Network Drivers