ATI Drivers Errors And Fixes
If your ATI graphics card is not working properly, it is possible that there is some problem with your ATI drivers.
ATI Driver errors generally occur when:
- The ATI driver file has become corrupt
- The required ATI driver is not installed on your Windows computer
- The ATI driver installed has compatibility issues with your Windows OS version
Read on to discover how to check if the graphic card error is due to a driver issue and how to fix the error by downloading and installing the latest ATI Drivers.
Use Windows Device Manager to help identify the problem
Device Manager, a built-in Windows utility, lists all the installed hardware on your PC. If a hardware device is not working properly, this utility will let you know if the problem is Driver-related or not.
- To open the Device Manager Window, perform the following steps:
- Click the Windows icon in your taskbar
- Type devmgmt.msc in the Start Search box
- Press the Enter key
- Locate the ATI Graphics in the Device Manager window and double-click on it.
If there is a yellow triangle, exclamation point, or a question mark next to the installed ATI device, it is a sure indication that there is some problem with your ATI device.
You can fix the issue by downloading and installing the most current ATI Drivers. Before you do this, we recommend that you write down the make and model number of your ATI device. This information will come handy when you try to locate drivers for your ATI device on ATI’s official website.
How to locate the right Driver on the ATI website
To locate an ATI driver on the ATI website, perform these steps:
- Go to http://www.amd.com/in/Pages/AMDHomePage.aspx
- Click Support & Drivers
- Fill in the details of your product and Windows operating system using the drop-down menu in the Download Drivers section on the right
- Click the View Results button
- Check the details of the driver on the next page, including the preferred langue for download (By default, the preferred language is set as English) and decide if you want to download the individual driver or the full software suite.
- Click the Download button
- Save the file in a suitable location on your computer
How to install the ATI Driver
To install the Driver double-click the downloaded .exe file and follow the onscreen instructions.
Get Automatic Driver Updates
You can fix driver-related errors quickly using a Driver Update Tool, which can offer the following three advantages:
Speed – Downloading drivers manually can take a lot of time as you must locate the correct driver on the manufacturer’s website
Reliability – a Driver Update Tool will often have a huge database of drivers available
Compatibility – a Driver Update Tool should provide drivers that are compatible with your PC’s specifications.