One of the following error messages is received when msvcp71.dll missing or not found error occurs:
- “Cannot start [APPLICATION]. A required component is missing: msvcp71.dll. Please install [APPLICATION] again.”
- “Msvcp71.dll Not Found”
- “The file msvcp71.dll is missing.”
- “Cannot find msvcp71.dll”
- “This application failed to start because msvcp71.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.”
The problem usually occurs when you try to launch a particular application or program. That said, it can also appear at other times, such as at Windows startup.
DLL errors, such as msvcp71.dll, can occur due to various reasons. However, most dll errors can be fixed through these steps:
- Reinstall the application with which you are getting the error
In case the error occurs only when you try to launch a particular application, uninstall that application and reinstall it.
- Run a registry scan
DLL errors often occur due to registry-related issues. Therefore, clean your registry using an advanced registry cleaning software Tool.
- Download, install, and register msvcp71.dll from a reliable free online dll directory
If the above steps fail, you would need to download a msvcp71.dll, save it in your C:/Windows/System 32 folder, and register it by running the following command in the command prompt: regserv32 msvcp71.dll.