iPad and iPhone are great devices for browsing the web. With these two devices, catching the latest news or listening to your favorite online radio is a cinch. However, the one issue that is causes frustration with handheld devices is typing URLs manually.
Because of smaller screen size, typing URLs in an iPad or iPhone can prove a bit awkward. The good part, however, is that there is an easy workaround available. Most users spend the majority of their time on just a few websites. If this is true for you as well, why don’t you just bookmark your most-visited websites on your iPad or iPhone? If you do so, you would no longer have to type their URLs; you can open them by the simple press of a finger.
To add bookmarks on your iPad and iPhone, follow these steps:
- Visit the website for which you want to a bookmark
- Next tap the Share button (when you look at the bottom of your screen, you will see different icons are listed horizontally. Among the displayed icons there is one icon displayed as an arrow coming out of a page. This is the Share button, the one you need to click)
- In the next screen, you will see nine icons arranged in 3 rows, 3 icons in each row. Select the middle icon of the middle row (the Add to Home Screen icon).
- The next screen is the Add to Home page screen. Here, the selected site’s favicon will be displayed on the left-hand side. To its right will be a text field. The text in this field will appear as the description of the bookmarked web page on your home screen. You can go with the default description that appears on the screen or simply overwrite it with a description of your choice.
- After you’ve sorted out the description, simply hit the Add button on the upper-right corner
- The selected website’s bookmark will appear in your iPad’s or iPhone’s home screen
Removing a bookmark is easier than adding it. Hold the icon of the website whose bookmark you want to delete until a cross appears on its top left-hand corner. Now simply tap the cross and then tap Delete.
Bookmarks, whether in a mac or ipad or iPhone, helps you quickly access a website. And that’s the main reason why we use them. Speeding up performance is also the reason why mac optimization software is so popular. You should consider using one if your mac is old and running more slowly than usual.