How to download & Install Gateway Drivers
|Download Gateway Driver Update Tool||Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Vista, XP
There are many situations in which you may need to download and install Gateway drivers. Before we discuss how to download and install Gateway drivers, let us first take a look at the different situations that may cause driver-related issues:
- You have reformatted your Gateway netbook, notebook, or desktop but didn’t backup your drivers in a CD or DVD
- A malware infection has corrupted some of your Gateway drivers and you don’t have the original driver CD with you
- Your Gateway monitor driver is missing, corrupt, or outdated
What you need to do before you download and install the Gateway Drivers
If you have reformatted your Gateway netbook, notebook, or desktop and don’t have the original driver CD or DVD, you will need to check the types of drivers you need. Otherwise, you would need to download all the available drivers for your system.
If you need a driver for a particular Gateway device, such as the monitor, ensure that you note the model number of your hardware first. You can get this information from the Device Manager utility.
For instance, if you own a Gateway monitor and need to download a new driver for it but are not sure of its model number, you can get the necessary information doing the following:
- Open Device Manager
- Expand Monitors
- Double-click the Gateway monitor and check the information in the General tab
How to locate the right driver on Gateway’s website
- Go to http://support.gateway.com/product/default.aspx
- In the Select Your Product box, click on the correct entry under the Select Category section
- Choose the correct series in the Select Series drop-down menu
- Choose the correct model the Select Model drop-down menu
- Click the Confirm button
- Click the Download button
- Save the driver file on to your desktop or some other location
- How to install the Gateway Driver
Browse to the location where you have stored the downloaded file, and then double-click the driver file (.exe file extension) and follow the onscreen prompts. If you are asked to restart your system after the installation is complete, do so.
Get Automatic Driver Updates
Using a Driver Update Tool can be a simpler and more effective way of fixing driver-related errors. There are many advantages of using a Driver Update Tool, such as:
- Speed – searching for Drivers yourself can be time-consuming and frustrating
- Reliability – Driver Downloader Driver Update Tool has one of the web’s largest databases of Device Drivers
- Efficiency – Driver Downloader will update your required Drivers (by exact-matching to your PC’s specific requirements) and will keep these Drivers up-to-date as new versions are released
Driver Downloader is one the web’s most trusted and comprehensive Driver Update Programs. By downloading Driver Downloader you can instantly resolve your drivers problems by scanning your PC for outdated, missing or corrupt drivers, which are then automatically updated to the most compatible version.