If you are experiencing Acer Drivers related issues, you can resolve them by downloading and installing the latest Acer driver. Acer Driver related issues can occur if:
- You have reformatted your Acer laptop and do not have the original drivers CD with you
- A malware infection has corrupted your Drivers
Read on to find out how to download and install Acer Drivers to fix issues with Acer drivers.
Download Acer Drivers
To download Acer drivers, perform the steps listed below:
- Log on to http://support.acer.com/us/en/default.aspx
- Click Driver Downloads listed under Additional Resources
- In the Select Your Product dialog box choose the product type in the Select Family drop-down menu
- Next, select the product line
- Select the Model type in the Select Model drop-down menu
- Click the Confirm button
- Download all the Drivers that you need for your computer separately and save the Driver files in a suitable location such as in My Computer or the desktop
Installing Acer Drivers
To install Acer Drivers, double-click each downloaded file and then follow onscreen instructions.
It is recommended that you restart Windows after installing the new Drivers.
Why you must create a restore point before installing new Drivers
Sometimes, you may experience issues after installing a new Driver. By creating a restore point before installing new Drivers, you give yourself the option to roll back your computer settings to a previous time when things were working well.
Creating a restore point is not difficult at all, as the steps illustrated below show:
- Exit all open programs
- Click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, click System Tools, and then click System Restore
- Click the Create a Restore point button
- Click Next
- Select an appropriate restore point in the Restore point description box, and then click the Finish button
An easy and effective way to update Windows Drivers
While you can download and install Drivers manually, as shown by the steps above, the process can be cumbersome and challenging, especially if you need to download a number of Drivers. You can automate the process by using a Driver Update Tool. Some of the advantages of using a driver update tool are:
Fast – a Driver Update Tool can take less than 2 minutes to update all outdated drivers.
Reliability – a good Driver Update Tool updates only 100% genuine drivers.
Efficacy – with reputable driver update tools you can be assured that you will get only the latest and compatible drivers.