Are you having audio problems with your Dell computer?
If you are having sound problems on your Dell computer (such as bad sound quality or no sound at all) then this article may help you.
Rule out the obvious
It may seem painfully obvious but it may save you hours of needlessly troubleshooting a sound problem!
- check that the speakers / audio output volume is not muted
- if speakers are external, check the wires are plugged in fully and all necessary connections are made
Check Sound card / adapter
If you are not confident updating Drivers then you can use a Driver Update Tool to automate this process for you. Either way, we would advise you use the ‘free scan’ option on many of the Driver Update Tools to assess if your problem is driver-related or not. This may save you some time and the driver report is free.
To check that your sound card is working:
- select Start > (right click) My Computer > Manage
- In the Management window select > Device Manager
- Next to Sound, Video and Game Controllers click the + sign
- A yellow triangle will signify a problem so if one is present, right-click that device and select Properties
- You can then choose to update the driver
If you have not run Windows Updates in a while, you should do so now as this can often help resolve Drivers issues.
Automatic Driver Updates
A simple and effective way of fixing driver-related errors is by using a reliable and efficient Driver Management Tool.